Kraton Dusty motor cover opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
I don't see to many people using them and curious as to why?
They seem like a great idea. My rig gets super nasty when I ran it the last few time in wet grass. It was loaded with mud, rocks and grass.
I'm also wondering if the dusty cover got muddy and I went to hose it off, would the water go through the cover and pull the mud in anyway?
Thanks for any opinions

I don't see to many people using them and curious as to why?
They seem like a great idea. My rig gets super nasty when I ran it the last few time in wet grass. It was loaded with mud, rocks and grass.
I'm also wondering if the dusty cover got muddy and I went to hose it off, would the water go through the cover and pull the mud in anyway?
Thanks for any opinionsView attachment 34453
I use one and have no complaints about its function. I will say though, it is expensive for what it is and I found the zipper useless and I just pull the velcro loose. I've only had it for a few months and it's holding up great so far. We'll see how it looks after a full season though...

Thanks Notoriousj I actually did follow your advice and bought some panty hose. Lol I didn't know what the hell to buy once I got in that section. Got some black XL
To try out. That goes under frame so I figured it wouldn't last
They actually do. The bottom might get chewed up a bit, but as long as they stay together, you're gold. I'm not trying to compete against $30 covers, but for a couple of bucks a pair for the cheap dollar store kind, they actually keep the insides nice and clean.

They actually do. The bottom might get chewed up a bit, but as long as they stay together, you're gold. I'm not trying to compete against $30 covers, but for a couple of bucks a pair for the cheap dollar store kind, they actually keep the insides nice and clean.
Nice. Well Ill give it a shot. Did you ever get it muddy?
How was the cleaning process?
Curious if the mud runs through

Nice. Well Ill give it a shot. Did you ever get it muddy?
How was the cleaning process?
Curious if the mud runs through
To make it work right, you have to pull the front tight before looping over the body mounts. They stretch, so when they start catching stuff under the chassis, they're going to want to pull back. When you get them on at the length you need, grab low near the front suspension arms and pull up. Then snip a little hole to hold it in place. It's not water proof, but it's splash proof. I've run them in the crappiest conditions, and the electronics have been kept clean. It's a trial kind of thing, so if it doesn't work perfect, it's a small investment.

:ROFLMAO: Guys teaching each other how to put on pantyhose.
They're just very sheer and sexy dust covers. Btw, I chose black because they make it look slimmer ?

I tried finding panty hose at my DG and I couldn't find them.

I don't run my Talion without it. i'm sick of rock getting stuck on the spur gear and this solves it completely.
But i don't use it on a Typhon, where the body is more sealed and i don't have any issues with rocks.

Panty hose work. Maxi pad doesn't do a dam thing..... except maybe for a temp skid plate. But panty hose makes sense and cheap. When they start falling apart or stinkin, cheap and easy to replace. Also easy to cut off and no need to be gentle while replacing. This is solid advice and I'll be up-cycling the ones I have laying around. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back