Kraton Dusty motor cover opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panty hose work. Maxi pad doesn't do a dam thing..... except maybe for a temp skid plate. But panty hose makes sense and cheap. When they start falling apart or stinkin, cheap and easy to replace. Also easy to cut off and no need to be gentle while replacing. This is solid advice and I'll be up-cycling the ones I have laying around. (y)
Yeah I’m going to Walmart tomorrow

I’m getting me some panty hoes
can we get pic underneath it
Sorry Leo. I went through all my pics, and have none of the underside after use. They get chewed up, but as long as they stay together, the top is not affected. I'm 100% sure that they will last way longer in warmer weather. I had mine running across ice and snow, so the bottoms got chewed up quick. the top was always intact and did what it needed to do. What's most important is that you get a good snug fit at the front. Kind of like pulling the drawstrings on a pair of sweatpants. This helps prevent them from being pulled back when the bottom starts to catch on stuff.

To make it work right, you have to pull the front tight before looping over the body mounts. They stretch, so when they start catching stuff under the chassis, they're going to want to pull back. When you get them on at the length you need, grab low near the front suspension arms and pull up. Then snip a little hole to hold it in place. It's not water proof, but it's splash proof. I've run them in the crappiest conditions, and the electronics have been kept clean. It's a trial kind of thing, so if it doesn't work perfect, it's a small investment.
Hey Notorious (your not Connor McGregor right? ;)) Do you have a little how to on how you get panty hose installed? LOL. I'm trying to imagine it in my head. Thanks.

Hey Notorious (your not Connor McGregor right? ;)) Do you have a little how to on how you get panty hose installed? LOL. I'm trying to imagine it in my head. Thanks.
I second that...a video tutorial is needed!
Found this from Notorious, helps a bit. Didn't know pantyhose stretch like that!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anybody-running-a-dusty-motors-dust-cover-updated.10721/
Come on guys. Time to reach to your feminine side. Yes, the wheels have to be off. Over the first axle right up to the tower, then stretch it over the second axle. Make sure you make it snug at the front so it can't pull back while driving. If you make holes to go over the body mounts, make sure to pull it tight. I guess a video might be in order. Great, my first tutorial on YouTube might involve pantyhose. Stay tuned.

Guess I'm going shopping for pantyhose. Ummm, well, think I will send the lady out to get them for me, LOL!
Panty hose are expensive. You gotta buy cheap dollar store stuff, or it isn't worth it.

Come on guys. Time to reach to your feminine side. Yes, the wheels have to be off. Over the first axle right up to the tower, then stretch it over the second axle. Make sure you make it snug at the front so it can't pull back while driving. If you make holes to go over the body mounts, make sure to pull it tight. I guess a video might be in order. Great, my first tutorial on YouTube might involve pantyhose. Stay tuned.
Yaaaaaaz, perfect start to your YouTube streaming career!! I'll for sure get cheap ones at the dollar tree to practice. I can see myself destroying a few trying to figure it out!

Do you wrap the pantyhose around the chassis or is it actually inside the pantyhose? How do you get them to stretch over the wheels?
I cut the legs off and it went on without wheels easily. Now I have to figure out how to tie off front and rear. I went out without it tied down and it slid forwards

I cut the legs off and it went on without wheels easily. Now I have to figure out how to tie off front and rear. I went out without it tied down and it slid forwards
Make two holes front and back, and pop them over the body posts

Do you wrap the pantyhose around the chassis or is it actually inside the pantyhose? How do you get them to stretch over the wheels?
I have to do it with wheels off. You ever seen a woman put them on over their shoes??

I bought the dollar store pantyhose, now just need to try and fit em on one of my rigs. Been doing surgery on my Thunder Tiger Bushmaster all day yesterday since basically plowing it front end first into a car tire doing about 30mph. Was testing controls on my Futaba 4pv and apparently throttle ATL can completely make braking not work! Front end diff, shock ends, servo saver, steering assembly, on and on need transplants. Getting hard to source parts now too. Worried for my Arrma Nero and my Dromida 1/18 Brushless Rally for parts support as well. Grrrrrr!

I bought the dollar store pantyhose, now just need to try and fit em on one of my rigs. Been doing surgery on my Thunder Tiger Bushmaster all day yesterday since basically plowing it front end first into a car tire doing about 30mph. Was testing controls on my Futaba 4pv and apparently throttle ATL can completely make braking not work! Front end diff, shock ends, servo saver, steering assembly, on and on need transplants. Getting hard to source parts now too. Worried for my Arrma Nero and my Dromida 1/18 Brushless Rally for parts support as well. Grrrrrr!
All anyone is gonna see in your post is,"I bought the dollar store pantyhose". ?

Hey thanks NotoriousJ!
Best cheapest mod I've ever done. Of course I didn't look at your picture again you posted before I did mine so I did it a little differently but it worked out. Wasn't really ? science ?.
So I zip tied the front to the shock tower and also pulled the top over front body mounts. In rear I made 2 zip tie loops that get clamped together with a alligator clip. So I'll slide it rear to front when opening up. We'll see how long the clip lasts. When I threaded the zip ties I fold the panty hose and then fold it again and thread the zip through. Came out pretty good...
My panty hoes are nice and tight just like I like em

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back