Kraton Dusty motor cover opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks NotoriousJ!
Best cheapest mod I've ever done. Of course I didn't look at your picture again you posted before I did mine so I did it a little differently but it worked out. Wasn't really ? science ?.
So I zip tied the front to the shock tower and also pulled the top over front body mounts. In rear I made 2 zip tie loops that get clamped together with a alligator clip. So I'll slide it rear to front when opening up. We'll see how long the clip lasts. When I threaded the zip ties I fold the panty hose and then fold it again and thread the zip through. Came out pretty good...
My panty hoes are nice and tight just like I like em
View attachment 36052View attachment 36053View attachment 36054View attachment 36055View attachment 36056View attachment 36057
There’s the roach clip

Love Mines

Attachments

• 375B20ED-EF2E-4AEC-A4BF-BB183532585E.jpeg
    375B20ED-EF2E-4AEC-A4BF-BB183532585E.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 6F9AC714-7EC1-4173-A417-72A912843B3C.jpeg
    6F9AC714-7EC1-4173-A417-72A912843B3C.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 61
Hey thanks NotoriousJ!
Best cheapest mod I've ever done. Of course I didn't look at your picture again you posted before I did mine so I did it a little differently but it worked out. Wasn't really ? science ?.
So I zip tied the front to the shock tower and also pulled the top over front body mounts. In rear I made 2 zip tie loops that get clamped together with a alligator clip. So I'll slide it rear to front when opening up. We'll see how long the clip lasts. When I threaded the zip ties I fold the panty hose and then fold it again and thread the zip through. Came out pretty good...
My panty hoes are nice and tight just like I like em
That's a great idea with the zip ties. Even if the clip doesn't work, one extra zip tie that you can cut and replace will still work easily. Lots of air flow too, so heat shouldn't be an issue. If they get torn up, it's not a $30 dust cover you have to replace either. Just snip a new section of hosiery. ??

That's a great idea with the zip ties. Even if the clip doesn't work, one extra zip tie that you can cut and replace will still work easily. Lots of air flow too, so heat shouldn't be an issue. If they get torn up, it's not a $30 dust cover you have to replace either. Just snip a new section of hosiery. ??
Thanks! If the clip doesn't work I'll use a tiny carabiner clip or another style. Whatever is easy on and off so I don't have to carry around zip ties and cutters. Actually I have the reusable zip ties at work too. Alot of options but very cool mod and was easy and cheap. I'll try this out and if doesn't last and has to be replaced to often I'll try the dusty cover out.

Thanks! If the clip doesn't work I'll use a tiny carabiner clip or another style. Whatever is easy on and off so I don't have to carry around zip ties and cutters. Actually I have the reusable zip ties at work too. Alot of options but very cool mod and was easy and cheap. I'll try this out and if doesn't last and has to be replaced to often I'll try the dusty cover out.
Now we just have to patent the idea, and sell it. We're gonna be rich!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Use a safety pin lol

Use a safety pin lol
Alligator clip didn't budge! But... I destroyed the panty hose, rip her in half on the bottom only. Back to the drawing board. I think it would be fine if I wasn't ripping around in wood chips... Had some sticks in there. It was a good test though and I think I can just stich it up real quick. Oh and I think I blew a diff too. Some real nasty grinding going on, sounds like the spider gears. I've broke something every time I've run this truck. All my fault and I'm not babying it. I'll get some pics up later

I got a Dusty motors cover on my BRCC after trying the pantyhose and shredding them the first time out. The cover works really good but since the weather has changed, my truck gets HOT.

I actually limited my running on my Arrma Nero because of the mess and cleanup (snow, grass, dirt). I bought a Dusty cover (yes they are pricey) and now enjoy running in the snow. Nothing got inside the cover, just let it sit in a warm area and all the snow melted off the diffs., wheels, and dirt guards. It fit very well and is easy to access battery connections, power switch, etc. thru the zipper.

Do yourself a favor but the HR cover. Two zippers so you can easily access your battery tray
Eh his was a cheap idea it only cost him a couple of bucks and it worked for a while.

Just ordered a hot racing cover for my outcast. I had the dusty motors cover for my nero. Loved it. I will probably get a motor fan for the summer months since they do hold the heat in a bit

Do yourself a favor but the HR cover. Two zippers so you can easily access your battery tray
I actually did buy one. Truth is, with all the velcro you have to add to the side guards, the pain in the ass if you have to work on something after getting it all tied up in the front and rear, and the fact that it doesn't look nearly as sexy, I'm probably going to keep using those sheer, soft, easy to remove with a simple tear, sleek black nylon covers. Sorry, was that too much information?

I just use a Hairnet that you see cafeteria people wear over there heads and it works just as good as the Dusty Motor covers!

TIP OF THE DAY:
For my fans on my #ARRMA Rigs, I use a small section of a screen and take out the fans screws and then lay the screen over it and then just screw back in your screws and it looks like this and keeps all little stones and other stuff out of your fan. It works awesome ? ?

Fan cover! .jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back