Senton Dusty motor shroud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Hey guys, as everyone knows, the senton is like a mower with basket unfortunately.
Are there any overheating issues to expect, with dusty motors shrouds?

It's a pain in the ass getting all the dirt out of the chassis.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the brushed motor or the brushless motor?

About brushless, the motor isn't the main part where the dust go inside. I mainly like to use my cars on dust, and dust in motors never been a real problem. The Arrma motor are pretty well sealed (out of the bearings which can have issues sometime).

That's said, it isn't too hard to open a motor by removing the 3 or 4 screws at the end of the can. You don't really need to disassemble all the motor for removing the dust, you can use air spray or a compressor for removing the dust. Same for a brushed motor, but without open it.

Last edited:
The motor isn't the main part where the dust go inside. I mainly like to use my cars on dust, and dust in motors never been a real problem. The Arrma motor are pretty well sealed (out of the bearing which can have issues sometime).

That's said, it isn't too hard to open a motor by removing the 3 or 4 screws at the end of the can. You don't really need to disassemble all the motor for removing the dust, you can with air spray or compressor.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. With dusty motors I meant the shroud, produced by dusty motors. As if I read it again, I get why it was misleading. Sorry, but thanks for the answer.

With cleaning I meant the chassis, filled up with dirt.

All the center gearbox in easily removable, then you can use a simple cloth for removing the dust. You can even put water on the motor for cleaning it and dry it just after.

For example to break in the brush on a brushed motor you can put it in water and make it run, when the break is finish, you can dry it.

But if the dust is a dry dust you can also use air spray or an air compressor also.

I just picked up my first Arrma, senton 3s blx and put a proline monster fusion body and badland 2.8s with the interchangeable hexs, fills with grass every run. I am planning on getting the dusty motors universal Lg cover. This is my first brushless but on my summit I would run the cover in snow and till temps got above 50 deg. then I would leave it unzipped till about 70 deg after that I left it off.

lol -- i just purchased a BLX as well. i also think its second use could be to mow lawns!! grass everywhere inside!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back