Kraton Dusty Motors shroud for Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine get holes in them ??? I just ended up removing them off my vehicles. They are great for finding black springs when they blow off. I want to find the loose fitting ones for 1/8 size shocks. Those are real nice.

Size XL works perfect incl. the roll over tower.
10 minutes of fine driving, the steering servo broke down.
I heard a scraching and could not steer anymore.
Wonderful, first the fan, now the servo.
Ok, will send it to my dealer of thrust to change.
I wonder what will break the next and when I changed the whole car....

Size XL works perfect incl. the roll over tower.
10 minutes of fine driving, the steering servo broke down.
I heard a scraching and could not steer anymore.
Wonderful, first the fan, now the servo.
Ok, will send it to my dealer of thrust to change.
I wonder what will break the next and when I changed the whole car....

Did you put bigger/wider tires on?

As I have a 2 year warranty, I will use the Original - wich I will receive today.
Any tipps for the Installation ?
Anything I have to take care before the Installation ?

I wonder if some people have the ball joints too tight on their Kraton's Or is the servo really just that bad ? Maybe check that and the servo saver adjustment German. I noticed that those red end caps around the ball joints can be a little too tight and could possibly be straining the servo. IDK.....I have to say that I have good luck with Savox servos in other RC's. Great servos they are as an upgrade. My stock servo is still going strong...I'll let that live out its life before changing it. I did add bearings in my steering...I removed the bushings. Maybe getting rid of a little play helps also. Make sure the steering linkage isn't binding up the servo at full left and full right.

Last edited:
I wonder if some people have the ball joints too tight on their Kraton's Or is the servo really just that bad ? Maybe check that and the servo saver adjustment German. I noticed that those red end caps around the ball joints can be a little too tight and could possibly be straining the servo....

I did add bearings in my steering...I removed the bushings. Maybe getting rid of a little play helps also. Make sure the steering linkage isn't binding up the servo at full left and full right.

Thank you for the tipps.
I know about the red end caps.
What kind of bearings did you add ?

Fast Eddie bearing kit for the Arrma Kraton. It includes all the bearings plus 4 extra for the steering.

All the bearings in the Kraton are easy to replace. Fast Eddie has a kit and Avid does also. The steering bearing swap is very simple. The only special tool that I can think of is a soldering station with a pointy heat tip on some of the out drives but I used no special tools for the steering bearing swap.. The Kraton was assembled with some red Loctite and the soldering station I have is one of my most used rc tools, second to the Allen wrenches. Soldering stations are great for stubborn Loctite. The steering bearing swap is easy as can be. The only reason I did it is because I was changing out all the other bearings to sealed bearings. The Fast Eddie kit included them !!! I run in sandy soil so I figured I would just get it done. The kit is like $20 dollars here in US.

This winter I'll go with the Savox SA-123SG servo also....that thing has some impressive specs. The stock one has been fine so far and I'll use it for now. The steering bearings may help a little bit when everything is under strain and side loaded. IDK...I rather have bearings than bushings. Those bushings get sloppy but they do work fine for a good amount of time.

Last edited:
Got my new K.v2 a week ago. Fantastic car!!!! But after a few run's I understand the need of a shroud, dust all over and the fan stuck of dry grass etc. No time to order and wait so what's availible at home? An old jersey and a couple of hours with my sewing machine gave me an ok. protection! The zipper length was perfect, no problems to change LiPo's & the material breathe so no temp issues, velcro ensure it stay in place. Not so fancy but it work! Today +1 hour in dry sand and amost nothing under the "cap":)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That's nice work . I bet it works real good. I need to get a shroud also.

Speaking of dirt and debris....I drove my Kraton today for the first time in a while...It ran and performed awesome. After 2 very fun runs with lots of air time.....I had 1 issue I found while I was going over the Kraton. The inboard bearings in the hubs took in a bunch of sand. These are the Fast Eddie sealed bearings. None of the other bearings felt gritty except for the front and rear inboard bearings... wonder if it has to do with this size bearing ? I've never had a bearing get so gritty so fast. I was able to pop the caps, clean them, grease them and install them back in. I'll have to compare these to the stock ones and even some Avid's.

Sealed bearings loaded with sand....not good. Maybe the stock ones will do better ??? IDK

I had way too much fun to care that much now.....man, this big heavy Kraton on 6S sure does like to fly !!!!! I added a chassis brace recently....highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back