Kraton Dusty Motors shroud for Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pohjankukko

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi, does anybody have a Dusty Motors cover for Kraton/talion?
I would really like to know the size, for the cover, because my Kraton is coming 23.8 and it would be nice to have everything ready by that.

Ive read that the XL version is the 1 that fits best, haven't confirmed it yet myself thoe. Still w8ing for my cars to be delivered.

Thanks, I will wait mine also. It should be arriving at the end of the week.
At least then I know what size fits best.

I just fitted mine XL version and it covers tower to tower inside measure, if u want past the tower then the xl is to small.

Hi all, yeah I cannot find a thread anywhere where anyone can confirm for sure what fits for Kraton with and without roll tower. :(

I have mounted the XL version on 2 cars today/yesterday with the roll cage/tower still on the cars and it fits between tower to tower. if u want some slack or extend it beyond the tower u need XXL version i think.

Hi, does anybody have a Dusty Motors cover for Kraton/talion?
I would really like to know the size, for the cover, because my Kraton is coming 23.8 and it would be nice to have everything ready by that.

I have dusty motors 36x36cm cover for my kraton. Fits good over the tower...however after some bashing and landing upside down the cover starts wearing out where it is in contact with the tower....so i made four small holes in the cover and removed the top top part of tower and fitted it through the four small holes....not home atm but i can post later if interested.

I have dusty motors 36x36cm cover for my kraton. Fits good over the tower...however after some bashing and landing upside down the cover starts wearing out where it is in contact with the tower....so i made four small holes in the cover and removed the top top part of tower and fitted it through the four small holes....not home atm but i can post later if interested.

This is how i put my cover to make the cover more durable. Im happy with it....better than the shroud cover all torn apart :) my servo got striped cause i simply put on big joes and after four or five recharges it just gave up. So i ordered a savox and the alu servo mount....cant wait lol. Anyways while waiting for new servo i opened the stock one, removed the gear with a knob on it, and also removed the knob and turned it 180degrees...now it works fine again but i also thought putting back stock tires would be a good idea until the upgrades arrive.

Attachments

• 20160905_021413.jpg
    20160905_021413.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 219

This is how i put my cover to make the cover more durable. Im happy with it....better than the shroud cover all torn apart :) my servo got striped cause i simply put on big joes and after four or five recharges it just gave up. So i ordered a savox and the alu servo mount....cant wait lol. Anyways while waiting for new servo i opened the stock one, removed the gear with a knob on it, and also removed the knob and turned it 180degrees...now it works fine again but i also thought putting back stock tires would be a good idea until the upgrades arrive.
Thanks for the reply. Didn't think about the durability issue of that. That kind of stinks. How did you reinforce the holes you made? Won't those holes just continue to get stressed and open up?

Thanks for the reply. Didn't think about the durability issue of that. That kind of stinks. How did you reinforce the holes you made? Won't those holes just continue to get stressed and open up?

That remains to see but tbh the shroud is veeery strong. Did no reinforcement doh :p It hurt me a little bit to mutilate the shroud like this and i also thought of them holes getting bigger by time..will do many charges this week so we'll see what happens.

That remains to see but tbh the shroud is veeery strong. Did no reinforcement doh :p It hurt me a little bit to mutilate the shroud like this and i also thought of them holes getting bigger by time..will do many charges this week so we'll see what happens.

In true ghettostyle spirit i just took a knife and made four small holes with the tip and widened the holes with my fingers.

In true ghettostyle spirit i just took a knife and made four small holes with the tip and widened the holes with my fingers.
LMAO!!!!!

Good idea, thank you.

I just mounted mine.
Size XL works fine incl. covering the roll over tower.
It took me about 1h to get it fixed.
It was the hell to mount the socks over the springs !!!
At the moment I can say, that the insert of the LiPo is a bit difficult.
After first run I will tell you if the shroud is okay.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 151
I just mounted mine.
Size XL works fine incl. covering the roll over tower.
It took me about 1h to get it fixed.
It was the hell to mount the socks over the springs !!!
At the moment I can say, that the insert of the LiPo is a bit difficult.
After first run I will tell you if the shroud is okay.

Nice :) agree on the socks...in my case the socks wore out pretty fast guess i should have put them inside the shocksprings :p

I've ran the shock dust covers and dust shrouds in the past and sometimes still use the dust shrouds. I've found them to be both good and bad. The shrouds make your motor, esc and battery run hotter so keep an eye on that. The shock socks screw with the shocks dampening but not that much. Dirt still gets inside but not as bad. ...There is another product out there that isn't a tight sock around the spring...it's more of a looser cover. Shockwears may be one of the names. Fitting a tight material around a spring isn't the best thing to do...having it loose would be the better way to go. May be hard to find for 1/8th cars. I see them for 1/5th all the time.

upload_2016-9-13_8-49-1.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back