Europe Dutch ‘Buulderberg’ bash day 3rd edition - June 4th 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jammer dat ik dit weer heb gemist 😢

new steering setup after my servo died during bash day. cause: sticky linkage and bended Ackerman plate.
also a good time to change the bushings with actual bearings.

16547817058539099794309479896061.jpg

As we all expected, the Mojave’s front diff was causing the rattling sound. After opening it, the front diff was completely dry and a few teeth of a planetary gear were missing. That may have caused the diff gasket to crack and let the oil out.
To the LHS tomorrow😎.

Hi all, heb de vakantie overleefd maar net daarvoor nog corona gehad en moet daarom rustig aan blijven doen. Ben heel erg moe. Ik ga vanmiddag hier in Utrecht een stukkie crossen maar Budel is me wat te ver vandaag. Veel plezier!

As we all expected, the Mojave’s front diff was causing the rattling sound. After opening it, the front diff was completely dry and a few teeth of a planetary gear were missing. That may have caused the diff gasket to crack and let the oil out.
To the LHS tomorrow😎.
The diffs from my mojave do the same.
I am waiting for parts like the diff gasket packings to come in so I can start refreshing them.

The diffs from my mojave do the same.
I am waiting for parts like the diff gasket packings to come in so I can start refreshing them.
Today was the 4th edition of Buulderberg and again sandracer's Mojave diffs (rear this time) where having a tough time. Premature conclusion is that the EXB diffs might not be the best for desert sand applications...

Today was the 4th edition of Buulderberg and again sandracer's Mojave diffs (rear this time) where having a tough time. Premature conclusion is that the EXB diffs might not be the best for desert sand applications...
Judging by the same sound it indeed seems that one of the diffs didn’t hold up (again the sun gear missing some teeth🤷‍♂️). Last time I bought new gears and all the parts to go to open diffs.
If something stripped again (IMO 99.9% chance) it’s going to be open diffs and say to the EXB diffs:
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

EDIT: I mean going to open EXB diffs instead of EXB LSD diffs😉.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back