Infraction Dx3 bluetooth module problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmg61683

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Installed the new dx3 bluetooth module and connected it as instructions say. Did the firmware update and when I went to test the truck will randomly turn left and right on it own. Has anyone else had issue with it. I can't even drive it now because it won't keep a straight line for more than 5 feet with out turning leftft and right. I've tried removing the bluetooth module and resetting the truck and same thing.

That "Smart" gear is not so Smart. Should have just got a Real radio for the price instead of investing in that BT module for that crappy RTR radio. Smart stuff is bloated and works like crap.
Are many frustrated threads with all types of Smart related issues. You are not alone, and there will be more like you. Guaranteed.🤷‍♂️
I've seen this before. BT wigging out. AVC and ST D/R craps out etc. And uninstalling it did nothing to reverse the issue.:(
You have some work ahead of you.
HH is generally clueless regarding their Smart gear. They just send parts at the problem, if they choose to be nice that day, and hold their breath that you will get lucky with their Smart gear, after being down for quite a while.

Last edited:
That "Smart" gear is not so Smart. Should have just got a Real radio for the price instead of investing in that BT module for that crappy RTR radio. Smart stuff is bloated and works like crap.
Are many frustrated threads with all types of Smart related issues. You are not alone, and there will be more like you. Guaranteed.🤷‍♂️
I've seen this before. BT wigging out. AVC and ST D/R craps out etc. And uninstalling it did nothing to reverse the issue.:(
You have some work ahead of you.
HH is generally clueless regarding their Smart gear. They just send parts at the problem, if they choose to be nice that day, and hold their breath that you will get lucky with their Smart gear, after being down for quite a while.
Yeah you are right about HH customer service on the smart crap. Out the box with smart batteries mine won’t work the battery level lights on the remote. When I call they just say “ we are working with the manufacture on a solution we’ll call you “
In other words GET LOST!! GOOD LUCK OP ! Let us know what you find out.

I understand the Smart gear (ESC's and Radio's) are included with many Arrma RTR's. Is what it is. 🤷‍♂️
Just avoid any of their Smart Chargers and Lipos as "$additional$" purchases. It's just money wasted.(n):poop: You don't need it or want it!🤷‍♂️
HH wants you to keep with ALL their Smart gear and $buy$ into all of it which is truly "dumb" crap IMHO.:unsure:
Just look at all the complaints and issues in regards with others here and see how HH handles these customer issues.:( They are clueless, just marketing Smart stuff hard to recoup the $$$ invested in this flawed Tech.
Spektrum/HH has different OE's mfr. the different Smart gear components and they don't seem to work well with each other. QC is probably bad at one end or the other. One OE doesn't know what the other is doing.

Last edited:
Yeah you are right about HH customer service on the smart crap. Out the box with smart batteries mine won’t work the battery level lights on the remote. When I call they just say “ we are working with the manufacture on a solution we’ll call you “
In other words GET LOST!! GOOD LUCK OP ! Let us know what you find out.
Yep.... have a new Felony 6s and added the BT to transmitter. Car functions and runs very well but the battery lights are not show remaining. Have followed several suggestions from HH with no result. I also have the S2100 chargers with new firmware, there is a BATTERY UPDATE and tried that...... NO BUENO!! It just sits there not doing a thing to the battery board so just gave up!!

UPDATE: HH got back and advised me to make sure the battery (was using only one when I was tweaking it) was plugged into the orange & black NOT the orange and orange cable on the car. The DX3 is now showing battery balance as I wanted. Easy fix.... just wish they had that in the FAQ. Would be alot easier on them. Anyway.... ALL good Hope this helps others going forward.

Installed the new dx3 bluetooth module and connected it as instructions say. Did the firmware update and when I went to test the truck will randomly turn left and right on it own. Has anyone else had issue with it. I can't even drive it now because it won't keep a straight line for more than 5 feet with out turning leftft and right. I've tried removing the bluetooth module and resetting the truck and same thing.
Doing nit to me right now and with throttle. Just out of control.

Mine did same but after a while. It even applied throttle . SOB Took off in the house breaking everything off the walls I try grabbing it. Burned my hand from tire spinning . Blew one tire then it stop on its own. I was so stunned . I was like wtf? Radio is still doing it. Basically my dx3 is no good now. I open and nothing wrong with board or soldering. Even switched the potentiometer with othere and did same. So now the meters .

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I should add my findings. My Losi Baja Rey, equipped with the full Spektrum Smart suite and DX3 radio with the BT module, had the same issue of randomly turning left and right, and it wouldn't stay straight for more than a few feet. Once I disabled AVC all of that went away.

Since sold all my modules but for people like me who want AVC would be a total deal-breaker!

Yea I went an bought (luckily cheap) a dx3 and 6100at rec. Installed the damn thing 4 times. Recalibrated a hundred times. Cut my rx box to fit it. For what?? Just to have a dx3 tx and more channels for NOTHING lol. Win some lose some 😄🤷

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back