DX3 Radio with bluetooth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkyenergy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hiya all!

The Kraton comes with the DX3 now... I found this online:

The waterproof electronics module — also designed for easy access — houses and protects more innovative Spektrum™ equipment. ARRMA® has equipped the KRATON™ 8S BLX 4WD Speed Monster Truck with a state-of-the-art Firma™ Smart 160A ESC and SR6100AT AVC® (Active Vehicle Control®) receiver. Innovative connectivity enables all the Smart electronics to send valuable telemetry data to the included Spektrum™DX3 3-channel transmitter without requiring multiple wires, sensors, modules and links. Just download the free Spektrum™ Dashboard App to your mobile device, which connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to the DX2E transmitter. Then you can view motor RPM, ESC temperature, receiver voltage, drive pack voltage and more data in real-time.

does this mean that the DX3 does not require the bluetooth module and has it integrated? could not find a DX3 bluetooth module anywhere.. Only found the bluetooth module for the DX2e...

Thanks

Hiya all!

The Kraton comes with the DX3 now... I found this online:

The waterproof electronics module — also designed for easy access — houses and protects more innovative Spektrum™ equipment. ARRMA® has equipped the KRATON™ 8S BLX 4WD Speed Monster Truck with a state-of-the-art Firma™ Smart 160A ESC and SR6100AT AVC® (Active Vehicle Control®) receiver. Innovative connectivity enables all the Smart electronics to send valuable telemetry data to the included Spektrum™DX3 3-channel transmitter without requiring multiple wires, sensors, modules and links. Just download the free Spektrum™ Dashboard App to your mobile device, which connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to the DX2E transmitter. Then you can view motor RPM, ESC temperature, receiver voltage, drive pack voltage and more data in real-time.

does this mean that the DX3 does not require the bluetooth module and has it integrated? could not find a DX3 bluetooth module anywhere.. Only found the bluetooth module for the DX2e...

Thanks

That paragraph suggests you don't need an addition BT module, but I can't find any BT related information on the DX3 product page or manual. Only that it's 'Spektrum SMART-ready'. Your best bet is to just call Horizon Hobby, they'll be able to you a definitive answer :)

maybe someone who already has it could try to connect with the smartphone.. just to verify if it works or not..

Hey fellas, did anyone figure this out at all? I just got my K8S last Thursday Mar 5. and it was the updated version with the DX3 and new brace system! Couldn't be happier with the truck! The Spektrum dashboard app definitely does not work with the DX3 tho. I can't see anywhere you could install a BT module, and the app says DX2e right on it. So I'm wondering if it hasn't been updated to work with the new radio or I'm just missing something. Nothing in the manual about the app either. I'll probably call HH eventually, just curious.

I don't think it has, there is no mention in the official manual the only thing is: "
If using a SMART ESC and SMART battery, the transmitter SMART Battery Level indicator will show the vehicle battery level
within 10 seconds of powering on and binding." which obviously are the 4 indicators on the top

it also doesn't look like there is any option to plug something into it - so of you want smart now its a better transmitter that you need to get I guess

Huh! Your right dude!. It’s right there in front of my face??‍♂️ I saw that little button thing on top and couldn’t figure out what it was. If you just push it in and lift up, sure enough the little cover opens. I googled it earlier and wasn’t able to find anything except the older DX3 models. Did a search just now and found the website rcmxonline.com. There’s a write up about the DX3 that comes with the K8S, shows pics and says you need the BT2000 module. Searched HH for “BT2000” with no results, other than the DX2E bt module. Hmm.. anyway that’s cool that there’s the option or at least will be an option for it. Thanks for the help guys!

My local HobbyTown has the new Bluetooth module on order for me. Their system says it will be released in September with the phone mount for the DX3 controller being available earlier sometime this month in August. We’ll see.
Any word on the Dx3 bluetooth module.

Nope. When I look at the horizon website it pushes back the dates so the module is now November. I didn’t check on the phone holder since I don’t really need it without Bluetooth.

I tried to get it to work on the Felony with no luck. For some reason, the DX3 module does not exist. (searched my ass off)

But I found that the DX2E bluetooth does work with the Firma ESC. That's as far as I got with it.

This is crap because Spektrum sells their whole line based on being able to have telemetry. So they are selling an insane amount of these Dx3 radios and making people think they can get telemetry but nope, no to little info. Marketing ploy to me.

This is crap because Spektrum sells their whole line based on being able to have telemetry. So they are selling an insane amount of these Dx3 radios and making people think they can get telemetry but nope, no to little info. Marketing ploy to me.
Exactly!!! this is the only thing that irks me about Arrma, or is it Horizon? They advertise features that don't work yet.

I would be mad if I bought a brand new car that advertises a 700hp engine and find out thats with a turbo they never bothered installing in it.

Exactly!!! this is the only thing that irks me about Arrma, or is it Horizon? They advertise features that don't work yet.

I would be mad if I bought a brand new car that advertises a 700hp engine and find out thats with a turbo they never bothered installing in it.
On my box for the Dx3. Its ultimately Horizon Hobby that is doing this. They seem to be doing to much to keep up

16027979364258681860649474127549.jpg

At least we know the module exists now, when it comes in, I can switch back to the DX3. Cause I think the DX2E is only a 2 channel.

With the Covid issues, I give Horizon the benefit of the doubt. They still get my money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back