DX3 Steering Rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshwash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Hi All,
If I were to pair DX3 with a receiver SR315 not SR6100AT, will steering rate still work?

p.s. one more question, what does battery connector port on the receiver do?

>>The battery port connector is for using the Rx with a Nitro powered rig. They need a separate power source. (battery) Because there is no ESC/BEC on a Nitro rig. You can use this port to power Lights etc. on a rig with an ESC (non nitro)
>>Are you talking about the DX3 AVC ST Gain control???
The SR315 does not have AVC, only the SR61000AT. Is that what you mean by St rate?
Using Steering rate as a term.... Any radio has ST rate. Some call it Dual rate.

>>The battery port connector is for using the Rx with a Nitro powered rig. They need a separate power source. (battery) Because there is no ESC/BEC on a Nitro rig. You can use this port to power Lights etc. on a rig with an ESC (non nitro)
The SR315 does not have AVC, only the SR61000AT. Is that what you mean by St rate?
Using Steering rate as a term.... Any radio has ST rate. Some call it Dual rate.
I see thats what the battery port is for, I actually installed the SR315 to the Kronos from Team Corally.
Yes, the steering rate is the turning level in my layman terms :D
Worked very well with the DX3, varioprop S2R really is one cheap transmitter. It started to squeak from the knob so I had to change it.

Ummm are you positive that the SR315 doesn't have AVC?
Hi All,
If I were to pair DX3 with a receiver SR315 not SR6100AT, will steering rate still work?

p.s. one more question, what does battery connector port on the receiver do?
To answer your first question. Yes
I have the DX3 paired to a SR315 installed in my kraton exb and the avc st rate nob works! Maybe I'm just thinking its avc but its sure works. Also the st rate nob is used to set the steering end points.

I have the DX3 paired to a SR315 installed in my kraton exb and the avc st rate nob works! Maybe I'm just thinking its avc but its sure works. Also the st rate nob is used to set the steering end points.
Hmm yes SR315 doesn't have AVC feature, I own a infraction so I know how it works.
DX3 is really one good transmitter after using SLT3 and varioprop S2R *_*

Hmm yes SR315 doesn't have AVC feature, I own a infraction so I know how it works.
10-4
Definitely curious now as to what avc is? Like a noob I just assumed that because the nob says avc st rate and it clearly changes the steering while driving that it was avc. Cool thing is now I have something else to learn about ?
Also now that I reread your original question I see you only asked if the st rate would work and I guess I can confirm that the st rate function works with my SR315 receiver. Lol my bad

10-4
Definitely curious now as to what avc is? Like a noob I just assumed that because the nob says avc st rate and it clearly changes the steering while driving that it was avc. Cool thing is now I have something else to learn about ?

Also now that I reread your original question I see you only asked if the st rate would work and I guess I can confirm that the st rate function works with my SR315 receiver. Lol my bad
No issues I am new to RC, learning on the go so it is all good.
You can read it here https://spektrumrc.com/content/AVC/index.html, so far on my infraction it keeps the car straight when you dial avc on the dx3.
When you turn it off, you don't see it adjusting straight anymore so the fast ones like Felony will need to have such feature.

Probably the coolest thing is when i pick the car up and move it left or right, the wheels follows as well, very neat.

Absolutely, positively sure that that the SR315 does NOT have AVC. :ROFLMAO:
When any non AVC Rx is binded to the DX3, that AVC gain control knob just becomes a ST rate control for any other standard NON AVC Rx.
Also if you were to "Disable AVC" On the SR6100AT, the same would hold true. The AVC gain control knob will only control ST rate.
Read the Rx/ Tx manuals from Spektrum's web site. I have this this radio and AVC among many others.
Please don't take my word for it, if you doubt me. ?‍♂️

It seems that you don't know what AVC does or even what it is. ?‍♂️ If I were you, I would have a good read regarding AVC if it matters much to you.
Because if you did understand it, you would realize that the SR315 is not providing any "Active Steering" control or "Heading hold" whatsoever.;)

Last edited:
Absolutely, positively sure that that the SR315 does NOT have AVC. :ROFLMAO:
When any non AVC Rx is binded to the DX3, that AVC gain control knob just becomes a ST rate control for any other standard NON AVC Rx.
Also if you were to "Disable AVC" On the SR6100AT, the same would hold true. The AVC gain control knob will only control ST rate.
Read the Rx/ Tx manuals from Spektrum's web site. I have this this radio and AVC among many others.
Please don't take my word for it, if you doubt me. ?‍♂️

It seems that you don't know what AVC does or even what it is. ?‍♂️ If I were you, I would have a good read regarding AVC if it matters much to you.
Because if you did understand it, you would realize that the SR315 is not providing any "Active Steering" control or "Heading hold" whatsoever.;)
Thanks but I already admitted above that I got st rate and avc backwards. I also stated I'm putting learning about avc on my list of stuff to get educated about. ?
And we can call it what you want to call it but if I adjust the st rate nob on my transmitter while driving it does limit the steering left and right. Not wanting to say it exactly like a steering dampener but have that effect. I can however use my 420 brain to assume based on it not being AVC that it's just limiting my steering left and right which in turn does make it go straight over rough terrain.
I'm interested even more now about avc. My cbr600rr has a stock built in steering stabilizer that works based on limiting your steering based on speed.

Thanks but I already admitted above that I got st rate and avc backwards. I also stated I'm putting learning about avc on my list of stuff to get educated about. ?
And we can call it what you want to call it but if I adjust the st rate nob on my transmitter while driving it does limit the steering left and right. Not wanting to say it exactly like a steering dampener but have that effect. I can however use my 420 brain to assume based on it not being AVC that it's just limiting my steering left and right which in turn does make it go straight over rough terrain.
I'm interested even more now about avc. My cbr600rr has a stock built in steering stabilizer that works based on limiting your steering based on speed.
Best way to play with avc is probably to buy the SR6100AT and install it to a typhon 6s and test it out :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back