Felony DX5 Pro not playing nice. Steering problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I've used this transmitter on other firma esc with no problems.

When applying throttle, slow or fast the steer will turn hard by itself either left or right depending on which direction you're turning towars. It will drive in a tight circle. A slight correction and the steering goes completely straight. Does not do it backwards.

AVC is off. No expo. Steering is trimmed. On the bench steering works fine. Any ideas? I finally get this car out and I can't drive it because it just spins out.

Quick update. If I hold the car by the center brace and turn side to side, the steering corrects a lot but in the same direction I am moving the car. So the gyro is on. AVC is off on the transmitter.

The only way to shut down AVC is to do a rebind. The radio only trims the AVC down in most cases. I don't like AVC and permanently disabled it. On my speed run Lim at least. Running DX5C, similar.

EDIT:
regarding your quick update, Seems the Gyro is in reverse. It is correcting wrong direction. That is corrected at the radio GUI. There is Normal and Reverse for that ST AVC setting. I think in the AVC menu.

Is AVC truly off or do you just have controls Inhibited on the radio? As mentioned above make sure it’s really off on the receiver or you have active control on the radio and turned it down

Has nothing to do with the ESC at all. At least the way you are describing it.

The only way to shut down AVC is to do a rebind. The radio only trims the AVC down in most cases. I don't like AVC and permanently disabled it. On my speed run Lim at least. Running DX5C, similar.

EDIT:
regarding your quick update, Seems the Gyro is in reverse. It is correcting wrong direction. That is corrected at the radio GUI. There is Normal and Reverse for that ST AVC setting. I think in the AVC menu.
Well, I figured out how to turn it off. I activated avc then in second avc menu I dropped everything to 0% and it worked.

Yes, it is in the wrong direction. What is GUI? I'll check the avc menu again. Thanks for the reply.

GUI meaning in the deep menu for AVC control settings. AVC Gain and Priority.

Not aware of a deeper AVC menu, if there is one I haven't found it.

My guess, during the bind procedure you turned the steering wheel in the wrong direction or you didn't fully complete the procedure.
Bind> throttle full, neutral, full brake, neutral, full right, full left and RX will signal it's complete.

You have both AVC and 'heading hold' (gyro), it seems your gyro is out of whack. Did you have iit sitting flat on the ground during bind?
By all means, disable AVC per procedure which also disables the gyro and the bind doesn't need all the fancy inputs either. Just make sure you do a throttle range adjust on your ESC after the bind.

If you are not letting the Rig sit still on a flat level surface while powering it On after the radio is ON first, AVC will NOT calibrate correctly. Need to do this every single time with ALL gyro type Rx's. Also the AVC RX MUST be mounted flat and solid and rigid (no wiggle) inside the RX box. Or it will be wonky and oscillate much.

Not aware of a deeper AVC menu, if there is one I haven't found it.

My guess, during the bind procedure you turned the steering wheel in the wrong direction or you didn't fully complete the procedure.
Bind> throttle full, neutral, full brake, neutral, full right, full left and RX will signal it's complete.

You have both AVC and 'heading hold' (gyro), it seems your gyro is out of whack. Did you have iit sitting flat on the ground during bind?
By all means, disable AVC per procedure which also disables the gyro and the bind doesn't need all the fancy inputs either. Just make sure you do a throttle range adjust on your ESC after the bind.
I did have it flat. I'll rebind again and see if that helps.
If you are not letting the Rig sit still on a flat level surface while powering it On after the radio is ON first, AVC will NOT calibrate correctly. Need to do this every single time with ALL gyro type Rx's. Also the AVC RX MUST be mounted flat and solid and rigid (no wiggle) inside the RX box. Or it will be wonky and oscillate much.

I remember reading that and did that. And the receiver was secure during binding.

Rebound and recalibrate. Corrects steering in the correct direction and works good. Thanks all for the help.

And just for future reference in case someone looks this up in the future, during the binding process, you need to use a bind plug to bind. I bound with just the bind button and the avc didn't work. Also after calibration, you have to pull the bind plug out before shutting the rig off or else avc does not activate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back