DX5C and series firmware update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Not sure if it will make any difference or not, but there is a radio update. I did it but....who knows if it made any difference. 🤷‍♂️

Beware, you may need to wipe and rebind all your models

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 1.46.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 12.01.02 PM.png

Did it wipe yours!?
Unfortunately YES...kind of! I will not say it wiped them, but when selecting a model, it popped up a message for SYSTEM FAILURE.

I updated from 1.08 to 1.09 a long time back, and no issues so this was unexpected when it corrupted the other models.

I did not mind putting them all back in but if I had known for each model, I will have written down my 3 AVC settings for each model and the Travel endpoints numbers for the steering, and steering trim. Since it is digital, it would have been easy to put the numbers back vs having to now take each rig out to determine what that was again.

Not sure if it will make any difference or not, but there is a radio update. I did it but....who knows if it made any difference. 🤷‍♂️

Beware, you may need to wipe and rebind all your models

View attachment 237940View attachment 237941
Thank you! Being in the middle of moving I haven't messed with my RC's for a while. Good to know about the update! :)

Another reason why Noble and futaba will always be better.. side note sucks.

I hear a lot of good stuff about them....for me, I'm deep in with these receivers, but I get them so cheap from good people here.

Once you tune the radio and settings, it works good...but very little tutorial on the damn thing but functionality-wise, it works great once you get it there.

If I were starting over as new today..... 🤷‍♂️

I hear a lot of good stuff about them....for me, I'm deep in with these receivers, but I get them so cheap from good people here.

Once you tune the radio and settings, it works good...but very little tutorial on the damn thing but functionality-wise, it works great once you get it there.

If I were starting over as new today..... 🤷‍♂️
Understanding, I took the loss. Because I was done with spektrum stuff. But it's not a terrible radio gear. I just needed more.. but they do have good range!

I did the updates to my DX5C radios and I pretty much had to reprogram/rebind the receivers. Luckily I had all my settings recorded in a spreadsheet so it wasn’t much of a loss.

Might not do my DX5Pros or DX5 Rugged yet as none of the improvements really affect me and I have a lot more cars bound to those radios than the DX5C’s.

I did notice that entering the model name there is no hard stop at 10 characters but it still only remembers 10 so I wonder if there will be another update to fix that soon. Also don’t know why this was a major revision and not a minor one (eg 2.01 vs. 1.10).

Spektrum has been fine for my bashers and crawlers. No complaints. I do have my Limitless vehicles on the Futaba system though.

Just gonna throw a bone out for all the dawgs gonna tear me a new one. I’ve been using nothing but Tactic ( except for spektrum on one of my Arrma rigs) and zero problems. I think I have 6-8 receivers running off two transmitters. Everybody is happy 😃.

Last edited:
Hey! Where is this change log screenshot from? I would like to keep up to date with the updates, but can't find the source anywhere online.

Hey! Where is this change log screenshot from? I would like to keep up to date with the updates, but can't find the source anywhere online.
Hello and Welcome!

You want to register your device with Spektrum. Its weird Horizon owns it I believe and has a site, but Spektrum offers updates, and they do not seem to sync between the sites.

Register
https://www.spektrumrc.com/spm-bs-registration-updates.html

Once registered under "My Sepktrum" you can login and get the updates. Beware, they have dropped the ball on firmware updates

https://spektrumrc.com/MyAccount/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/MyAccount/

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 10.39.37 PM.png

Looks to be a Dec update I was not aware of until I looked for you

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 10.43.39 PM.png

Hello and Welcome!

You want to register your device with Spektrum. Its weird Horizon owns it I believe and has a site, but Spektrum offers updates, and they do not seem to sync between the sites.

Register
https://www.spektrumrc.com/spm-bs-registration-updates.html

Once registered under "My Sepktrum" you can login and get the updates. Beware, they have dropped the ball on firmware updates

https://spektrumrc.com/MyAccount/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/MyAccount/

View attachment 289191

Looks to be a Dec update I was not aware of until I looked for you

View attachment 289192
Great, thanks for all the info!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back