DX5C bind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KratonKing44

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me definitively if this DX5C Tx will bind with either a SR310 Rx (Proboat) and/or a SRX200 Rx (Kraton)

Thanks in Advance!

DX5C is DSMR/DSM2

SR310 - yes

SRX200 - No
NOTE: The STX2 and SRX200 utilize the FHSS 2.4GHz protocol and are NOT compatible with Spektrum DSM, DSM2 or DSMR transmitter or receivers.

I don't think the DX5C works with the SRX200 Rx, but, it may work with the SR310 RX. You need to chose 16.5ms when in the Bind Menu on the Tx. Don't think you'll be able to bind at 11ms on the SR310 Rx. But if you can upgrade to the SR6100AT Rx, that receiver is awesome when the AVC is dailed in correctly.

I don't think the DX5C works with the SRX200 Rx, but, it may work with the SR310 RX. You need to chose 16.5ms when in the Bind Menu on the Tx. Don't think you'll be able to bind at 11ms on the SR310 Rx. But if you can upgrade to the SR6100AT Rx, that receiver is awesome when the AVC is dailed in correctly.
I bind mine at 11ms and they work fine

6s felony original receiver is the 6110at will bind but no steering and will not calibrate avc. So I bought a brand new sr6100at and getting same results binding with spektrum dx5c any thoughts
6s felony original receiver is the 6110at will bind but no steering and will not calibrate avc. So I bought a brand new sr6100at and getting same results binding with spektrum dx5c any thoughts

Last edited:

I have a DX5C and use AVC rx for my rigs. However to stay with the same protocol for binding with the DX5C and to add some of my other Vaterra, Kyosho, Tamiya, etc. to the DX5C I install this rx off eBay. Using this rx AVC is not important for those and the ones you posted are not AVC. So here is a $19 rx that will bind with a DX5C:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3041823874...DHqnQn4ZjpeSUq+W+ts8fPiyqw==|tkp:BFBMlvzm_olg

Strange! Are you sure you default on all your knob settings? To successfully bind and calibrate AVC needs to be at default on all your knobs like new and steering endpoints back to default and not past 80% adjustment. If not default, you will not get the rx amber light to pass each calibration point in the process.

No knobs on the dx5c but all end points are 100% avc all the way down. I get a bind but I don't get steering, ability to calibrate and doesn't stay bound after turning off car

Sounds like a calibration issue. Make sure you are doing the process exactly as stated.

You have to set AVC to 100% during bind. It's a note buried in the manual.
Try that, it will work. After bind is compete and esc throttle range is set you can adjust AVC.

No knobs on the dx5c but all end points are 100% avc all the way down. I get a bind but I don't get steering, ability to calibrate and doesn't stay bound after turning off car
Follow what JKF said and make sure on the DX5C brake and throttle S/R all that is 100% which I am sure you have.

It will work with the DX5C only radio I use with 6100, 6110, and a host of others. There are some YT links I can send that walk through all the menus on the DX5C guy did a good job more than what Spektrum ever did.

So I figured it out I have an aftermarket power hobby fan on my motor and with it plugged in the receiver will not complete the bind and calibration or hold it after car is switched off so I unplugged it bound and calibrated and plugged it back and eureka it worked

Power hobby it comes with an additional lead to attach to balance leads of battery
Screenshot_20220424-124839_eBay.jpg

Oh wow, you have too much money ;)
These are definitely not for a plug-in into a standard BEC. You need to run those off a separate lipo or plug into your main battery with a down-converter.

FYI, don't know the exact spec, but this is at best a ~$15 fan if you know how to solder.

Lol lmao I pinch pennies in other areas for my rc stuff 🤣 and I do know how solder but I don't think whatever link you were trying to share worked

Didn't try to share anything, :) Probably auto link from the forum on some keywords.

Fans, go to digikey and search for 12V 40mm fan and pick one that is in stock. Highest possible cfm (anything above 20cfm is already great) att lowest current.
If you plug them into an ESC, your max current for all fans should be in the 1-1.5A range, and that typically works.
Many people power their 12V with an extra lipo pack.
Sanyo/Denki are well-used in the computer industry and are good quality, no idea on the others, but you get the idea.
Check the current draw, you can also search for 5V fans, but they are scarce, and you want alu-frame if you stay with 10mm height, digikey is more for the 28mm types.

Some examples:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/mechatronics-fan-group/MH4028H12B-RSR/9962957
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/sanyo-denki-america-inc/109P0412K3663/10459287

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back