DX5C fail safe fail!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Typhon 6s
I have a number of Arrma vehicles now (9) - full convert from Traxxas ?. I hate having a different transmitter for each vehicle so I bought a DX5C radio and bound it to my cars that have the 6100AT receivers. Bought additional receivers for the other vehicles.

Today I bound the transmitter to my new Tallion 6s. Reading the manual it says to put the trigger in the position you want it for the failsafe when binding. I used full brake - which I also used in the other 8 vehicles. Turns out I am dumb!!!! Was talking to a neighbor today and put down my transmitter and was talking for a good while. I ignored the transmitter beeping and it eventually shut off sending my Tallion 6s backwards at full throttle!!! Lucky it ran into a tall grass plant at the end of my yard and became entangled and didn’t destroy itself or worse yet hurt someone!!! 3 more feet to the left and it would have had a straight shot at my neighbors house. I now need to re-bind all of my vehicles tomorrow and I guess keep the throttle at neutral so the cars just drift to a stop or stay put when losing signal.

Luckily I didn’t ruin anything!!!

Weird and scary. I would think the full brake fail safe would be exactly that......brakes only. I’ve set my DBXL to full brake F/S and my K8 to neutral F/S.
Have you tested your other rigs to check the integrity of the F/S?.......example, turning the rig on its back, running it then turning off the transmitter?

cheers,
kev

This happened because the last time you used your Talion, you used brake or reverse. Your ESC would only apply the brakes via fail safe if you last used forward throttle

This is why I always set my car's fail safe to neutral. I'd rather cruise into a wall than smack into a wall at full reverse and risk a chicken chase

Im sad that happened but happy no one got hurt with that beast!

Luckily I wasn’t using my Kraton 8s - that would have plowed right through that plant and into my neighbors yard!!

I was playing around with the K8s last week and running it through 3ft brush on an overgrown hillside. By the time I was done it looked freshly mowed!! Nothing could stop it!!

The first picture is after I had been plowing through the brush for a few minutes. The last picture is after about 10 minutes.

8D394BE1-BA51-4C06-B05E-7F1A19245DCE.jpeg

82CA40A3-A5D0-4FA3-B010-19E23874AAEA.jpeg

Weird and scary. I would think the full brake fail safe would be exactly that......brakes only. I’ve set my DBXL to full brake F/S and my K8 to neutral F/S.
Have you tested your other rigs to check the integrity of the F/S?.......example, turning the rig on its back, running it then turning off the transmitter?

cheers,
kev

I haven’t - but I plan to test the others tomorrow.

Always bad when it does exactly what you told it to do ;) , glad that nothing happened. If you want full brake as fail safe you have to re-program your ESC and disable reverse. I could think of all kinds of other scenarios where a failsafe could go wrong. I'm on all neutral as well, at least it's predictable.

Glad you shared, wouldn't even have thought of this scenario myself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back