Dx5c receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talionation83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Fazon
  4. Granite
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Talion
  12. Vorteks
Hey guys was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good receiver for my dx5c. It’s going into my notorious. I don’t need a lot of ports just what’s needed to run a 2 channel truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C4032F2D-3C3A-476A-8A9A-114604A4D793.jpeg

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good receiver for my dx5c. It’s going into my notorious. I don’t need a lot of ports just what’s needed to run a 2 channel truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 118094
The sr215 would be the least expensive and you can get it prime with amazon? :)
Spektrum SR215 2-Channel 2.4GHz DSMR RC Sport Receiver: Surface, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KYGN6HD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_NQs9FbF11JVCB

I was looking at that one, wasn’t sure if it would fit in the rx box on the outcast

The SR215 and the other variants are all pretty small and should fit into Arrma receiver boxes with no problem. The only "issue" is the short antenna wire which won't wrap around to reach the antenna tube - so you may have to drill a hole in the top of the receiver box for it.

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I will probably get one. Cheap enough and that’s all I need. But if I get fans I need something with more ports right

Would That would work on my dx5c? That’s cheap too nice

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I will probably get one. Cheap enough and that’s all I need. But if I get fans I need something with more ports right
All receivers have a batt port which supplies BEC. So a 2 channel RX has one extra port (Batt) If you have more devices/fans to plug in, you can use a Y splitter to double up on one port. A RX with extra ports, for example a 4 channel, and you only need Th and St, then you have 2 extra ports. All unused channels also supply BEC power.

The SR215 literaly has 2 ports, steering and throttle, no batt. BEC comes from the ESC. For 3 you would need the SR315 or others.
Are you sure about that? Because I see 3.

spmsr215.jpg

I stand corrected! Could have sworn last time I looked it had 2 single ports.
I know I have seen 2 channel receivers that only had 2 ports but I cannot remember who made them.

I bought some cheap knock off ones a few years back and they didn't last long. They were from China though, $8 a piece for DSM2. They tripled my range over the old single wire antenna ones I had, so I just bought a few extra's the second order I made. My range with spektrum was awful for years... 75 yards on a good day.

Then I started buying the OEM SR210's and they worked great and seemed to last. Then the next time I needed a spare, I found they stopped selling them (still found one though) and replaced them with the SR215.

I know I have seen 2 channel receivers that only had 2 ports but I cannot remember who made them.
Someone who didn't have nitro. ;)

FYI, this is an SR215 compared to an XT90 connector to give you an idea of it's actual size. It's pretty tiny. I had bought one anyway as a spare that I haven't used yet.
2021-0108-SpekrumSR215-vs-XT90-CompareSize.jpg

It's the same size, they have the 3rd port not poulated but case is the same. I wonder if it is actually the same electronics inside and all you have to do is populate the pins.

It's the same size, they have the 3rd port not poulated but case is the same. I wonder if it is actually the same electronics inside and all you have to do is populate the pins.

There's probably more to it than that - the hardware could be the same minus the pins, but the firmware is different. When you plug the SPMA3065 programming cable into the receiver and interrogate it with the software, it recognizes it as the proper SRX15 receiver - not sure if it's possible to flash an SR315 firmware onto an SR215 to test your theory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back