DX5C Throttle moves Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruzty1311

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 3s
As the title says, when I give it throttle on my DX5C my servo "twitches" to the left or right, and when I brake it moves a little bit also. If I turn the wheel left or right and hold it (off the ground) the servo spazes back and forth. I have 8 cars and it does this will ALL of them lol Happened pretty much out of nowhere. I have dropped it a couple times in the past, but never really noticed anything until recently. To summerize and what I did to troubleshoot:
-Remote Throttling makes servo move at the same time
-Does this with ALL 8 of my rigs.
-Tried re-binding, didnt work
-Tried recalibration, didnt work
-Bound a new DX3 to one of my cars, and the issue went away, leading to being the DX5C.
-Tried looking at 'Mixing" and made some changes and nothing worked.
-Some RX's are AVC, some are not (SR515), and it does it to all of them.
-With JUST the TX on, I can see the STEERING values moving when I throttle in the "mixing" option.

The ONLY thing I haven't been able to do is a firmware update. Right now its on 1.08 and I think there is a 1.09 but not sure if that'll fix it.

Has ANYBODY gone through this and figured out whether its just a bad remote and needs replaced or is there something im missing lol?

Last edited:
Good troubleshooting....

Never had this issue looks like you narrowed it down. Wait to see what others say.
Thanks. I've searched high and low on the internet and the ONLY thread I saw with a guy having this same issue was back on a RC Crawlers forum and the last update he made was back in 2021 and his last post was "I'll update when I find out the issue" and he never did lol SO frustrating

As the title says, when I give it throttle on my DX5C my servo "twitches" to the left or right, and when I brake it moves a little bit also. If I turn the wheel left or right and hold it (off the ground) the servo spazes back and forth.

That's interesting. Can you see the channel output indicator on the controller (I assume something can show the steering channel output?) jumping around when this happens?

The mention of seeing the steering channel move, on the mixing screen, when you give it some throttle, kind of sounds like possibly a weird mixing thing. But if the steering also goes a bit nuts when just holding the wheel to one side or the other, that sounds more like either a wiring problem inside the controller, or maybe a failing potentiometer for the wheel?

If there's a factory reset option for the controller, you could try that as a last resort, but I kind of doubt it would help. Especially if all the models do it. So if it's a programming-type problem, then it's affecting all the model profiles.

If it's out of warranty, you could open up the controller, check the wiring, and maybe try to (internally) clean the steering potentiometer with electrical contact cleaner spray. Something like DeOxit.

That's interesting. Can you see the channel output indicator on the controller (I assume something can show the steering channel output?) jumping around when this happens?

The mention of seeing the steering channel move, on the mixing screen, when you give it some throttle, kind of sounds like possibly a weird mixing thing. But if the steering also goes a bit nuts when just holding the wheel to one side or the other, that sounds more like either a wiring problem inside the controller, or maybe a failing potentiometer for the wheel?

If there's a factory reset option for the controller, you could try that as a last resort, but I kind of doubt it would help. Especially if all the models do it. So if it's a programming-type problem, then it's affecting all the model profiles.

If it's out of warranty, you could open up the controller, check the wiring, and maybe try to (internally) clean the steering potentiometer with electrical contact cleaner spray. Something like DeOxit.
Yea it jumps around haha I'm not opposed to opening it up since I bought it second hand and wouldn't think I've got any chance of warranty. I could hit up Spektrum and see what they say though but highly doubt it.

I've been needing an excuse to get a new radio anyways and have my eyes on the Flysky Noble NB4. Problem is I would need 6 extra RX's (it comes with two) and that's about $500 total for remote and RX's. Not exactly cheap but not too expensive compared to Futaba and Sanwa lol I have a couple of DX3's that I can use in the meantime as well so I'm not dead in the water per se. I might have some electrical cleaner somewhere.

I have the program cable coming this week and I'll try to do a reset or an update and see what happens but Im not too hopeful on that fixing it. It's actually a big problem I just noticed a little bit ago when I was bashing with my MT410 the steering was quite erratic and would also explain me spinning out in my 2 wheelers at the track everytime I have it full throttle lol I WILL be updating this thread once I come to some kind of conclusion :)

If there's an interaction with the throttle, that would make me wonder about a wiring-type issue. Like something that, when you squeeze the trigger, messes with the steering wiring somehow.

But at a minimum, I'd try to open it up and spray some contact cleaner inside the steering potentiometer.

If there's an interaction with the throttle, that would make me wonder about a wiring-type issue. Like something that, when you squeeze the trigger, messes with the steering wiring somehow.

But at a minimum, I'd try to open it up and spray some contact cleaner inside the steering potentiometer.
THANK YOU!!! I just now in the past 30 mins took it apart, sprayed everything with contact cleaner after taking all the wiring that I could out, put it back together and IT WORKED lol!! I can't tell you how happy I am haha

Thanks for the suggestion! I was ready to throw this thing away and sell all my RXs lol I'll keep it a bit longer now and save up for that Noble 😅

THANK YOU!!! I just now in the past 30 mins took it apart, sprayed everything with contact cleaner after taking all the wiring that I could out, put it back together and IT WORKED lol!! I can't tell you how happy I am haha

Thanks for the suggestion! I was ready to throw this thing away and sell all my RXs lol I'll keep it a bit longer now and save up for that Noble 😅
Awesome, glad you got it working! That's great.

If it starts to act up again, some contact cleaner (like DeOxit) also has some oil, I think, to help avoid corrosion in the future, and help protect the contacts. Something like that could be worth keeping in mind.

Awesome, glad you got it working! That's great.

If it starts to act up again, some contact cleaner (like DeOxit) also has some oil, I think, to help avoid corrosion in the future, and help protect the contacts. Something like that could be worth keeping in mind.
Awesome im going to screenshot this suggestion as I'll most likely forget later down the road haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back