Dynamite gps issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Anyone else have issues with their dynamite gps being off? Been using mine for about a month and today I thought I would go out in my car and compare it to my speedometer in my car. Also compared it to a speedometer app on my phone. At 55 mph car and phone read 55. Dynamite read 53 mph. At 65 mph, car and phone said 65 but dynamite said 62. For 90+ dollars I expected better. And who knows how far it's off at speeds over 100 mph. Next time rcjuice has a sale I think I'm getting the 2nd gen skyrc gps that just recently came out.

Maybe your car and phone are wrong!? :oops::LOL:

My Dynamite GPS has been super reliable and accurate so far. Maybe yours has a problem, is it under warranty still?

Oh and I used to have a SkyRC GPS which was a piece of garbage compared to the Dynamite. My SkyRC was nowhere near as accurate as the Dynamite and the SkyRC went faulty after just a few months. Maybe their 2nd Gen is better but if the refresh rate is still only 1Hz then the Dynamite will again be more accurate.

Maybe your car and phone are wrong!? :oops::LOL:

My Dynamite GPS has been super reliable and accurate so far. Maybe yours has a problem, is it under warranty still?

Oh and I used to have a SkyRC GPS which was a piece of garbage compared to the Dynamite. My SkyRC was nowhere near as accurate as the Dynamite and the SkyRC went faulty after just a few months. Maybe their 2nd Gen is better but if the refresh rate is still only 1Hz then the Dynamite will again be more accurate.
Refresh rate is now adjustable on the gen 2 skyrc. 1,2,5 or 10Hz. I bought the dynamite off ebay which turned out to be from a local hobby store. I wonder if horizon will except a receipt from ebay for warranty work?

Refresh rate is now adjustable on the gen 2 skyrc. 1,2,5 or 10Hz. I bought the dynamite off ebay which turned out to be from a local hobby store. I wonder if horizon will except a receipt from ebay for warranty work?
That's good that the refresh rate can go to 10 on the Gen2 but no idea why you'd want to adjust it. I'd just leave it at 10 all the time obviously as it will be more accurate.

Could you maybe try returning it to the eBay seller as if it is less than a year old you should be covered by the manufacturers 1 year electrical goods warranty. If not then it can't hurt to try Horizon.

Definitely worth a phone call.

Most places I've found are willing to help when it comes to swapping faulty goods as it's not your fault or theirs and they'll usually just send them back to the manufacturer.

I didn't have mine long enough to evaluate. The software was crap though.

I didn't have mine long enough to evaluate. The software was crap though.
Software on the first gen SkyRc is so bad it makes me mad. And when I spoke to them about it they kinda blew me off and gave me a canned reply. I don't have patience for service like that so I'll probably not buy a thing from them ever again. And shame cause id be interested in looking at their 2nd gen unit.

Well I got a response today from horizon hobby. They told me all units will be off some and 3+ miles an hour off is acceptable. What a crock. A few months ago tried getting help with two recievers that fried using an external bec. They said I must of done the damage even though my tactic receiver worked just fine using the castle bec. I'm just not going to be buying electronics from horizon/ spektrum anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back