Dynamite GPS Speed Tracker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-DYN4401-GPS-Speed-Meter/dp/B00BIBZUGO

After trashing my phone several times by having it come off my trucks while trying to record a top speed, I decided to go and buy a GPS designed for RC's. I should have it tomorrow. The reviews are mixed and at $100 it isn't cheap. But changing the glass on my iPhone is like $70 so I figured what the heck. Does anyone have any experience with this product or any other rc specific GPS?

I thought about getting one, but really it was to satisfy my own curiosity more than anything. I think there's a skyrc one that's not too pricey. I use an old garmin nuvi. It's big and bulky and now has a scratched up housing from flying off a truck, but it had been in my trunk for 2+ years as I use waze on my phone for directions anyway. It stores the max speed and you can reset it pretty easily.

I thought about getting one, but really it was to satisfy my own curiosity more than anything. I think there's a skyrc one that's not too pricey. I use an old garmin nuvi. It's big and bulky and now has a scratched up housing from flying off a truck, but it had been in my trunk for 2+ years as I use waze on my phone for directions anyway. It stores the max speed and you can reset it pretty easily.
I also use my old garmin gps it does the job. I used it once in my stampede with the high speed pinion. It did 93km before I noticed the curb was closer than I thought and quickly hit the breaks and it did kart wheels flips for at least 50 feet lol. I did damage the screen on the gps but still works

So I get this today and charge it up. I do a few runs with my Typhon and get a max of 85 kph (53 mph) which seems low. So I go try it on my Senton Mega 4x4 which is converted to brushless and has almost all of the upgraded BLX parts. I’m running a 19t pinion with a 57t spur on 3s with a 3800kv motor. It’s fast. So I take it up to the top end of the street and turn it around. I come flying down the road right at me and at full throttle the front tires are all ballooned up and enough air gets underneath it to lift the front end. It goes airborne, flips several times and slams into my neighbor’s tree in her front yard. The tree is surrounded by shrubs and all sorts of landscaping. I retrieve my truck and see the duct tape I used to secure the gps to the hood is all come apart. GPS gone. I spent an hour digging through her shrubs and I can’t find it, lol. I’m going to go back tomorrow and look again. FML.

So I get this today and charge it up. I do a few runs with my Typhon and get a max of 85 kph (53 mph) which seems low. So I go try it on my Senton Mega 4x4 which is converted to brushless and has almost all of the upgraded BLX parts. I’m running a 19t pinion with a 57t spur on 3s with a 3800kv motor. It’s fast. So I take it up to the top end of the street and turn it around. I come flying down the road right at me and at full throttle the front tires are all ballooned up and enough air gets underneath it to lift the front end. It goes airborne, flips several times and slams into my neighbor’s tree in her front yard. The tree is surrounded by shrubs and all sorts of landscaping. I retrieve my truck and see the duct tape I used to secure the gps to the hood is all come apart. GPS gone. I spent an hour digging through her shrubs and I can’t find it, lol. I’m going to go back tomorrow and look again. FML.
That sucks good luck tomorrow

It goes airborne, flips several times and slams into my neighbor’s tree in her front yard. The tree is surrounded by shrubs and all sorts of landscaping. I retrieve my truck and see the duct tape I used to secure the gps to the hood is all come apart. GPS gone. I spent an hour digging through her shrubs and I can’t find it, lol. I’m going to go back tomorrow and look again. FML.
This made me laugh, no offense.

Found it! Actually my girlfriend did. Only had to look for 5 minutes. Turns out it was in the neighboring yard.It flew a good 40 feet, lol.The battery was dead and I hadn't set it to record so I have no idea what speed I hit. But at least I found it and it works!

Found it! Actually my girlfriend did. Only had to look for 5 minutes. Turns out it was in the neighboring yard.It flew a good 40 feet, lol.The battery was dead and I hadn't set it to record so I have no idea what speed I hit. But at least I found it and it works!
Well I guess you need to do it again we are all curious now

I have a Dynamite too. Just haven’t run it yet.

So bickety, are you running a spool yet. I’m still looking for one that isn’t Hot Racing, etc. It’s best to make your own Ive read.

I have a Dynamite too. Just haven’t run it yet.

So bickety, are you running a spool yet. I’m still looking for one that isn’t Hot Racing, etc. It’s best to make your own Ive read.

I am not. I just wanted to see how fast my Typhon went with the stock motor on the speed pinion and 2.8 Badlands.

So I managed to get to 55 mph. I should have been happy with that, but no, I had to see if I could eek out a few more mph, LOL. So on my final run I lose control of my truck and hit a steel pylon going God only knows how fast. the truck just stayed exactly where it hit the pylon and I just saw a splash in the Housatonic River. Right then I knew my GPS was gone. Sureas poop it was nowhere to be found and I'm certain it's sitting at the bottom of the Housatonic River.

Here is what I hit

20180922_143847.jpg

Beyond the railing is a bike path and then the Housatonic.

20180922_143859.jpg

Preliminary damage report

Detached battery tray
Bent Voltage Hobbies read chassis brace
Rear shock top separation
Damaged motor
Front body post torn out

1537642644899485601630.jpg

15376427111041200703989.jpg

Oh. And one lost GPS :D

More pics if the damage. Can't believe that more things didn't break.

20180922_152503.jpg
20180922_152528.jpg

Holy poop buddy that gps just wasn’t meant to be. Send the motor to arrma they might replace it. They replaced mine and it was over a year old

Man this thread had me all :D:):cry:

Bro that really sucks. But looks like less than a $100 in parts. Was expecting much worse.

Garmin forerunner 101 or 201 you can find them used for about $50 on ebay.

And mount the GPS to the inside of the car with 3m dual lock.

Man this thread had me all :D:):cry:

Bro that really sucks. But looks like less than a $100 in parts. Was expecting much worse.

Garmin forerunner 101 or 201 you can find them used for about $50 on ebay.

And mount the GPS to the inside of the car with 3m dual lock.

I had it on top of the receiver box with heavy duty double sided tape. The impact was intense. I thought the truck was going to be cut in two.

I had it on top of the receiver box with heavy duty double sided tape. The impact was intense. I thought the truck was going to be cut in two.
I've had the automotive 3m tape let go on my 1/10th scales escs, so I started to zip tie them down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back