Dynamite p1 mini charger, reads batteries, no charge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmaComing4ya

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just bought a charger from my local shop. I wired up 2 batteries with ec5 connectors. Ovonic 5500mah 3s batteries to be exact. The charger doesn't do anything when I set it to charge but it is reading the cells which were sitting around 3.78 around that range. Is there something I'm missing? This is my very first time touching any of this. I did set to parameters to 3s 11.1v 5.0a.

What charger do you have?

Lipos should be charged to no more than 4.2V per cell. So 4.2x3=12.6V total.

They are already above 11.1 (3.78x3=11.34) which is probably why your charger isn't doing anything... it thinks it is already done.

You should really use a balance charger that will charge and balance each cell to 4.2.

What charger do you have?

Lipos should be charged to no more than 4.2V per cell. So 4.2x3=12.6V total.

They are already above 11.1 (3.78x3=11.34) which is probably why your charger isn't doing anything... it thinks it is already done.

You should really use a balance charger that will charge and balance each cell to 4.2.
I have a dynamite passport p1 mini. It just auto sets the value to 11.1 when I select 3s. Maybe there is a setting I'm not getting to or overlooking.

1634692039431874126401047415727.jpg

I have a dynamite passport p1 mini. It just auto sets the value to 11.1 when I select 3s. Maybe there is a setting I'm not getting to or overlooking.

View attachment 175085
When the screen reads the above, press enter/ start.....let me know if that works

I have the dual version.....when the screen shows what you pictured, you press enter /start, and it may ask you to hit that button a second time

First is to safety test the battery, and, if it doesn't detect a problem, it will ask you to hit the enter) start button a second time to start.

The direction manual isnt the clearest ......

Also watch some videos on lipo charging and familiarize yourself with the risks and gotchas involved with lipos.

These guys are a bit goofy but this isn't a bad primer:

press the start button
If that doesent do anything hold it down.
What? No, the charger knows what is a full charge and what isn't. The charger knows that they are at a balance charge. he just isn't starting the charging that is why nothing is working.
1634693831278.png

Last edited:
When the screen reads the above, press enter/ start.....let me know if that works
I just referred to this link and found out you gotta hold the enter start button then it begins to charge.
press the start button
If that doesent do anything hold it down.

What? No, the charger knows what is a full charge and what isn't. The charger knows that they are at a balance charge. he just isn't starting the charging that is why nothing is working.
View attachment 175092
Yeah I got them to charge. it shows me the current charge of each cell and the final charge so it's all set properly. I waited till 9 last night for my big rock. Only to call and find out where my package was, and discover it was lost or damaged in transit. Couldn't replace my order so they refunded me. What a bummer

@ArmaComing4ya, You need to storage charge those lipos. Just put them on storage charge just to make sure they haven't lost charge since they have been made.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, yes, yes.....do the storage charge...

Then get a rig and charge em up and go have some fun!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, yes, yes.....do the storage charge...

Then get a rig and charge em up and go have some fun!
I should have one by this weekend. I'm gonna storage charge them when I get home. May pick up the kid something today like a 1/16 any recommendations? He's 7

Is that 4wd? I'm looking to spend around upwards to 200 250 max for everything I need. I know this is an armor form but the 1/16 Evo seemed like a decent option
Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Haven't really looked into those very much , but a 1/16 erevo or Stampede XL5 , both include little chargers and NiMH battery....both of which are Traxxas only.....

Or

Granite megas are $120, with charger and battery.....

I realize he is 7, almost hate to suggest those....little ones get so used to gadgets so quick, he may want more.....

I'm actually picking up a e-revo vxl they have for a real good deal at a local shop. That should have plenty of room to grow since it has the dual 2s option

No more than several hours in my book. Not to say a day below 3.8v/cell will make a drastic hit to them. I never did that though. Rarely if ever. Just best practice to storage charge them as soon as feasibly possible. And absolutely use them as soon as possible in a fully charged state, etc., a few days passed, and they will get damaged. Lipos are volitile in a fully charged state. Are most dangerous at 4.2v/cell. They want to be discharged right after they are fully charged. And run best, performance wise, in this way.:cool: If driving far to a bash location, obviously you will have charged lipos sitting unused for awhile. Several hours possibly before running them. Understandably so. Contain them in a magazine/ammo metal box or lipo proof container/bag.
I try to make it a rule to never leave fully charged lipos sit around in my home. For safety sake.

Edit: when sitting in storage unused for some time, check and storage charge them at least every 2 months. How I fly. May take only a minute or 2 to bring them to 3.8v/cell and balanced before it stops.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back