Kraton E-clip for Hobbywing motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
Can anyone recommend a decent e clip for a hobbywing Ezrun 4274 motor.

I bought an arrma one, part number: ARA710006 and it was too small but I used some pliers to make it fit. Not sure if it will stay on so time will tell I guess.

quite new to the hobby and after looking on google it looks like hobbywing doesn’t sell e clips so can anyone recommend one?

thanks!

Clips? There is no groove on the Hobbywing that you would be able to clip into, at least to my knowledge.
Grub screw is all you need.

Only Spektrum motors have this feature at this time.

Clips? There is no groove on the Hobbywing that you would be able to clip into, at least to my knowledge.
Grub screw is all you need.

Only Spektrum motors have this feature at this time.
Ok thanks for letting me know. I did manage to fit one on and it feels fairly secure. Guess we’ll see hahaha. But that makes sense as I couldn’t find any parts online for hobbywing e clips

Ok thanks for letting me know. I did manage to fit one on and it feels fairly secure. Guess we’ll see hahaha. But that makes sense as I couldn’t find any parts online for hobbywing e clips
But there is no groove for an e clip to go on to. If you just put it on the smooth shaft it serves no purpose. There is no groove to hold it on and will slide right off of the end if the pinion came loose.

No groove, no retention!

The Spektrum Safe-D EDM-machined pinion bore and retaining clip is a brilliant system, though. All it takes is a compatible flat profile and a retainer groove.

Ok thanks for the replies. Guess I’ll remove it then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back