E Revo 2.0 diffs compared to arrma diffs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Not saying Traxxas is great. They’re not. Just a common thing that gets brought up a lot of people not believing me when I say the e revo 2.0 diffs are insanely huge compared to the arrma 6s ones. Here’s some pics.

Just want to say why I did this.
Obviously the arrma 6s line diffs are fine, but the difference between the arrma and revo diffs is the difference between fine and overkill. Fine means it does the job. Normal diff. It’ll wear out eventually. Make sure to shim it good because the teeth don’t have much profile.. etc. Drive it normally and don’t try to do standing backflips for a whole battery.

Overkill means, well what it is. Overkill. 8s worthy, by far. No wear at all unshimmed. Standing backflips for DAYS. No shims needed, the teeth are extremely meaty. No spiral needed, they’re so oversized. That’s the original diff for this truck, 180 runs of 6s through it. Talk about mileage! Did I mention it has 1 million weight center diff fluid? It’s LOCKED. Out of the factory. That rear diff is under some stress!

Just some food for thought. I’m not trying to make you buy an e revo and I really don’t want you to. Buy a nero, it’ll be better. (It won’t be better I just said this to avoid hate)

Pretty cool??

Edit: that arrma diff looks stripped next to the revo diff. Just want you to know it’s not, it’s in full working order. Haven’t had problems but I’m worried on sticking high weight center diff fluid in because I’m thinking it’ll bust.

Edit 2: I retract my statement when I said arrma diffs are fine. I only said it so people wouldn’t hate but clearly it didn’t help. That said, let me be honest. They’re not fine, they don’t hold up in the larger 6s trucks. Many shred them every 20-30 runs on 6 cell lipo which is completely unacceptable and deserves to be redesigned. People always say these things are “arrma tough” but from what I hear, these diffs aren’t much better at all compared to the e revo generation 1, aka the worst diff breaker ever. Just like e revo v1 users, many resorted to using 4s in their trucks because the diffs are so bad.

Last edited:
Isn't it the same diff out if the x max? That thing is meaty and is it 1mil or 20mil I heard people say they came with 20mil lol sucks the rest of the truck doesn't hold up

Cups look worn as hell.
Yeah they are. Definitely showing wear indeed, but that’s in the design. One grub screw and it’s off, slip a new one on. After 180 runs im not complaining, because if they made that out of an even harder steel like the shaft and CVD end, the CVD end would wear out along with the cup, which is a little harder to replace. Besides, it’s 1m center fluid. I’m not surprised or complaining :D
Here’s a closeup

And I thought about that, but then realized there’s a category solely dedicated to chassis and drivetrain so I put it there, where it belongs. I’m comparing arrma parts to a rival manufacturer. How does that fit more in “other rc’s” than arrma chassis and drivetrain?

Last edited:
Isn't it the same diff out if the x max? That thing is meaty and is it 1mil or 20mil I heard people say they came with 20mil lol sucks the rest of the truck doesn't hold up
It’s not quite the same diff out of the xmaxx but it’s pretty darn close. Realize the xmaxx is a 6th scale that’d just be INSANE! The xmaxx uses 20mil center, revo uses 1m. Both are basically fully locked tho, xmaxx just has more weight because the tires weigh more and would diff out more on 1m. I agree with the other thing. The truck is actually pretty stout but you really need to mod up the suspension for it to actually become durable enough for skate park use.

It’s not quite the same diff out of the xmaxx but it’s pretty darn close. Realize the xmaxx is a 6th scale that’d just be INSANE! The xmaxx uses 20mil center, revo uses 1m. Both are basically fully locked tho, xmaxx just has more weight because the tires weigh more and would diff out more on 1m. I agree with the other thing. The truck is actually pretty stout but you really need to mod up the suspension for it to actually become durable enough for skate park use.
I knew it was something like that lol and by the way I put 1mil and tried silicone ear plugs in my center diff with great success I honestly only noticed a little more wear on the drive cups for the arrma I don't think my diffs have broken Any more or less than when it had 100k surprisingly the ear plugs still allows some give on hard accelerations and landings

I knew it was something like that lol and by the way I put 1mil and tried silicone ear plugs in my center diff with great success I honestly only noticed a little more wear on the drive cups for the arrma I don't think my diffs have broken Any more or less than when it had 100k surprisingly the ear plugs still allows some give on hard accelerations and landings
Exactly! I recommended a few people here to use earplugs instead of a spool so it’d have some give (like you said) and it’s good that you see nice results.

Exactly! I recommended a few people here to use earplugs instead of a spool so it’d have some give (like you said) and it’s good that you see nice results.
On a positive note the ear plugs are like 3$ and at a local walmart compared to 15$ or more for the 1mil at the hobby shop if yours even carries it lol

On a positive note the ear plugs are like 3$ and at a local walmart compared to 15$ or more for the 1mil at the hobby shop if yours even carries it lol
My hobbyshop screwed me over many times so I don’t deal with them (I mean i say local but it’s 2 hours away). I actually do buy extremely high weight diff oil though, because if I ever want to thicken something up I can just add a tiny bit and it’s really make it to the viscosity and diff action I want. When I rebuild my e revo’s center diff, I’ll just use earplugs though. Just trying to kill it, then I’ll do the rebuild.

My hobbyshop screwed me over many times so I don’t deal with them (I mean i say local but it’s 2 hours away). I actually do buy extremely high weight diff oil though, because if I ever want to thicken something up I can just add a tiny bit and it’s really make it to the viscosity and diff action I want. When I rebuild my e revo’s center diff, I’ll just use earplugs though. Just trying to kill it, then I’ll do the rebuild.
Yeah same here 45 minutes away and very little selection mostly a traxxas store. online is my best friend for rc i really only buy paint or insta-cure from the hobby shop they don't even carry 4s lipos lol

Yeah same here 45 minutes away and very little selection mostly a traxxas store. online is my best friend for rc i really only buy paint or insta-cure from the hobby shop they don't even carry 4s lipos lol
+1 on the online thing. I really only get stuff from the internet. Exceptions are tools, I buy them at hardware stores.

Harbor freight tools for me lol they actually last a long while except for the mip tools i just ordered
Hahah trust me the MIP’s will be a HUGE upgrade! I still haven’t even gotten myself a set yet. I run 70’s craftsman bits and drivers.

Hahah trust me the MIP’s will be a HUGE upgrade! I still haven’t even gotten myself a set yet. I run 70’s craftsman bits and drivers.
Yeah they are nice drivers i was expecting the 2mm to fit a little tighter in the screws but they still had slop its strange some fit really tight and some fit sloppy i guess it's either hit or miss with the 2mm screw heads

Yeah they are nice drivers i was expecting the 2mm to fit a little tighter in the screws but they still had slop its strange some fit really tight and some fit sloppy i guess it's either hit or miss with the 2mm screw heads
Maybe it’s because some screws were already worn out from your lower quality old hex drivers? Or is the rig new?

Maybe it’s because some screws were already worn out from your lower quality old hex drivers? Or is the rig new?
Even on my new rigs fits a tad sloppy i was so hurt cause i had a cheap driver that was snug in every 2mm screw and i broke it prying off my pinion i know stupid idea lol but it didn't have much lock tite on it

Even on my new rigs fits a tad sloppy i was so hurt cause i had a cheap driver that was snug in every 2mm screw and i broke it prying off my pinion i know stupid idea lol but it didn't have much lock tite on it
Lmao. I don’t know what to say, but that’s funny as hell ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back