E Revo 2.0 VDK kit tuning advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRONWORKER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Anyone experienced with tuning E-Revo shocks using the VDK kit from Traxxas?

I just finished a complete rebuild of my E-Revo 2.0. Weight is a little less than stock, I’m running a Sledge motor, Torox 185 esc & backflip LPs. I just picked up some upgrade shocks off a Summit from Jennys. I have loads of different springs & shock oil but don’t know where to start.

I ran VDK equipped shocks on a E-Revo several years ago but due to a medical condition have absolutely no memory of how it was set up.

Please guys, any & all help will truly be appreciated.

Anyone experienced with tuning E-Revo shocks using the VDK kit from Traxxas?

I just finished a complete rebuild of my E-Revo 2.0. Weight is a little less than stock, I’m running a Sledge motor, Torox 185 esc & backflip LPs. I just picked up some upgrade shocks off a Summit from Jennys. I have loads of different springs & shock oil but don’t know where to start.

I ran VDK equipped shocks on a E-Revo several years ago but due to a medical condition have absolutely no memory of how it was set up.

Please guys, any & all help will truly be appreciated.
Long time, no see. Hopefully you're doing well.
I have know experience with the TRX VDK myself, I didn't even know what it was TBH.
After a google search, I found a user review from @olds97_lss .
Perhaps he can assist?
Good luck, sounds like a good recipe you're working with. My brother has 2 E Revo 2.0's. I like them, good rigs.

60wt and vdk2 with VG springs isn't too bad. You can't go much more than 60wt though (unless you use larger hole pistons) as the pistons snap in half when landing big air.

Prior to that, I ran VDK2 pistons and 70wt rear/80wt front with silver springs.

I gave up on them with my brushless revo because I air'd it out like my outcast/kraton and it would snap pistons in half with oil/springs on them heavy enough to take the sting out of the landings. I still run them on my nitro revos though, but can't recall the setups. Doesn't matter much as they don't weigh as much as a e-revo with 2x3S 5000mah packs in it. Or they at least don't fly as high because they weren't as fast. lol!

I run VDK in my slashpede 4x4 with RC Raven stampede springs and my eJato with RC Raven jato springs. Those hold up ok partly because the vehicles are lighter and because I drilled out the holes because they were too small for those trucks unless I ran water in the shocks (read that as really thin oil).

olds97 i really appreciate your response man! I’ve got a drill bit set sized .70 - 2.0mm in .05mm increments so i could open up some pistons. I don’t plan on really bashing it hard, 6ft jumps or so would be it. Just fast running over bumpy uneven terrain (heavily used pastures)

olds97 i really appreciate your response man! I’ve got a drill bit set sized .70 - 2.0mm in .05mm increments so i could open up some pistons. I don’t plan on really bashing it hard, 6ft jumps or so would be it. Just fast running over bumpy uneven terrain (heavily used pastures)
Should be fine with the #2 pistons that come in the kit as long as you don't go too high with the oil. I only had to drill them out for the stampede/jato because the trucks are way lighter and the holes were too small without running super light oil in them... which then would be more prone to leak out.

The kit comes with 3 sets. 1.1mm (#1), 1.0mm (#2) and .95mm (#3).
2022-1118-traxxas_VDK_pistons_5461.jpg

I think I'm running #3's in the front still with lighter oil... but it's been a while and I recently got rid of the truck. The new owner can sort it out further.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back