Talion Ear Plugs in Center Diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Hey, so I’ve been running 500k in my center diff for a while now and my o ring on the bottom side of the diff ( not spur side) always melts or rips away. I always lube the ring wit silicone grease. So when that buddy all my diff fluid tends to drain out. Just thinking about putting in ear plugs to stop leaks and all. Would it be to damaging for the drivetrain?

If you use silicone ear plugs and pack them in tightly it will do the job. The silicone gives slightly so will act as a cush drive To help protect the drivetrain from shunt. One thing to watch out for with silicone is during the first few runs the silicone will compress further and the diff screws will loosen. Keep checking for a few run and you will soon know when that compression has ceased.

How would they tear up though? You have smooth surface against smooth surface.
Very odd. I could see it happen if there was no shim behind the sun gear. You might want to check with your finger if there are any sharp edges.

Obviously non fluid ear plugs would solve that issue.

How would they tear up though? You have smooth surface against smooth surface.
Very odd. I could see it happen if there was no shim behind the sun gear. You might want to check with your finger if there are any sharp edges.

Obviously non fluid ear plugs would solve that issue.
The shims feel normal still, don’t understand why this is happening either. Bought some earplugs earlier.

this winter I put earplugs in my car we had all snow and ice so I ran it inside our garage (40x60 or so) smooth floor not the best grip with my tires but it ran very well with the center diff locked
this winter I put earplugs in my car we had all snow and ice so I ran it inside our garage (40x60 or so) smooth floor not the best grip with my tires but it ran very well with the center diff locked
I want to try to wheelie it next spring and that is what they use on 8s outcast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back