Outcast Early Christmas present, new to me Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Pick up this v3 Outcast today from Craigslist. New, never ran, with Venom Dual charger and the heaviest 4s battery Ive ever seen. Not a mark on anything, all boxes and packaging. Battery was very expensive (look at that price tag, crazy loot...) and never used. The man bought it for his son and they never ran it. Hard to believe..., I gave $400 for all.
DC9E1F54-D89F-4758-8993-15ADFD2F7CDD.jpeg31795147-92FB-435A-9F9D-21E6D70506A4.jpeg1546E5CC-4A38-460E-9852-F0F7DE2421BC.jpegADE6F131-B0B6-49E7-BF21-B4DAD49D1E93.jpeg

Awesome buy, my kraton venom charger and two 3s batteries cost me almost 900

Thanks guys. He had it up for a few days for more money. I offered him $400 and he took it. Said he had some other offers but just for the truck. When you think about it ebay may have brought more but by the time them and PayPal shake you down you and the hassle of shipping he really didn’t loose much. The CL buyer in turn has no buyer protection so the eye is the buyers market. Long and short $400 was not a bad deal for either of us.
The charger is nice but a little under powered at 80 watts each channel, may keep it as a spare.

that's crazy!!! I don't understand how they got everything to run it and were never tempted to do so. you got a killer deal tho...all that would have ran you $750+ retail.

80w per channel is better then what I got. I use a 100w total 2 channel. takes an hour to charge up 2 3s 5Ah from storage at 4 amps each

don't need buyer protection when dealing locally. some common sense and a careful eye has scored me great deals buying locally/online

Nice grab @Jimbobjr. I haven't bought other than brand new, only because everyone seems to think that their upgrades should be paid for in full when they sell them used. I would have to list my Slash for over $3000 (Canadian) lol! Enjoy!

Nice grab @Jimbobjr. I haven't bought other than brand new, only because everyone seems to think that their upgrades should be paid for in full when they sell them used. I would have to list my Slash for over $3000 (Canadian) lol! Enjoy!
Just checked my local craigslist after seeing this thread... stock, used Outcast - $475 :rolleyes:

Im pretty experienced on cl. I buy and sell vintage stereo gear late ('60s to early '90s). Driven all over the place to buy it. Its very fragile and hard to ship so it ends up on cl. Been doing it for years. RC stuff is often on there. Some deals but you have to look often and be ready to take a ride.
Thanks for the replies.
Jim

Thought I’d revisit this thread and tell you how my Outcast is doing. I’ve been running it and 3 other rcs so it doesn’t get 100% wheeltime but more than it’s share. I purposely left it stock except the front bumper to see how it holds up. I broke a couple wing mounts an arm or two, body is almost shot and that was about it until yesterday. I finally bent the chassis, broke another wingmount, chassis support, and bent up a shock tower.
Ordered up some material to make shock towers. This time I’m going with carbon fiber. Found some 1/4” from a us source and not a terrible price. The price jump from 4 or 5 to 6mm (around 1/4”) is almost double so no one makes 6mm carbon towers. With the full body of a Mt the tops of the towers will be well protected from getting ground down. Going to stick with the stock chassis for now and make a carbon fiber t2t with some sort of connection to the towers and bulkheads. Going for a lighter rig this time. (Kraton is going to kill someone most likely me with its weight). Also ditching the wing and wheelie bar and using the T-Bone wheelie/bumper combo. This will add a little weight but will protect the rear and still have the wheels. For the body it will be a c10 which I have collecting dust. I have a set of rpm arms, hr servo mount and Jim’s bearings here. Still have the original servo working but it will be replaced as well. This will be my spring/summer project...when it starts to look like something I will add to this thread or start a new one. (not sure what’s best...)
Jim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back