Typhon Easy access diff in arrma typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Spain97

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello guys i want to know if arrma typhon V4 have an eassy access to its diffs (front, rear, and middle), or i have to put off the towers and more thinks?. It is for its maintenance like change oils, etc...

Hello guys i want to know if arrma typhon V4 have an eassy access to its diffs (front, rear, and middle), or i have to put off the towers and more thinks?. It is for its maintenance like change oils, etc...
They are all easy access. Very simple to remove all 3.

Yep 4 screws, plus 2 swaybar screws, diffs out f/r. The center requires two e clips, two pins, 4 screws, one t2t screw and its out. The center tower pins are a pain to clear the esc, so since upgrading I don't use the center tower anymore.

Fairly simple to do and once you've done it a few times it's real easy.

Yep 4 screws, plus 2 swaybar screws, diffs out f/r. The center requires two e clips, two pins, 4 screws, one t2t screw and its out. The center tower pins are a pain to clear the esc, so since upgrading I don't use the center tower anymore.
The Typhon doesn't have the center tower so those pins aren't there. I've thought about taking the tower out of my Kraton and Senton but I like the extra protection from it.

The Typhon doesn't have the center tower so those pins aren't there. I've thought about taking the tower out of my Kraton and Senton but I like the extra protection from it.
The center tower helps the body last longer on the trucks. I've gone so far as to stack something up on my outcast center so it actually touches the top of the cab. Really helps to prolong the life of the body.

The center tower helps the body last longer on the trucks. I've gone so far as to stack something up on my outcast center so it actually touches the top of the cab. Really helps to prolong the life of the body.

This is what I plan to do next after I get the Noto tightened up with new diffs and body. I have a new black body and roll cage on deck because when they sent the wrong color, I got em to deal on a second spare body as it was their mistake.

The first time you take a F/R diff out, it might take 5-10 minutes. After you do it a few times, I bet you could get one out in under a minute. :)

For the center diff, the only thing to watch out for - from the factory, the screws into the metal motor mount have a lot of lock-tite on them. So be careful, use good hex-wrenches, and use heat if they don't want to come free (heat will melt the lock-tite). Hot soldering iron on the screw head for 1-2 minutes will usually do the trick.

The first time you take a F/R diff out, it might take 5-10 minutes. After you do it a few times, I bet you could get one out in under a minute. :)

For the center diff, the only thing to watch out for - from the factory, the screws into the metal motor mount have a lot of lock-tite on them. So be careful, use good hex-wrenches, and use heat if they don't want to come free (heat will melt the lock-tite). Hot soldering iron on the screw head for 1-2 minutes will usually do the trick.
Do you really need to remove the mount from the chassis to get the diff out? I thought you could just take the top off ??‍♂️

The first time i check the diff. on my Arrma, as i want to check the diff. mesh between the input gear and diff. crown gear, i completely remove the gearbox to have a better look on the mesh and put the shims.

I don't remove the shock tower from the gearbox, i only take out the screws which attach the gearbox to the chassis. Most of the time there are 8 or 9 screws to remove the gearbox from the chassis.

On all my cars, i often need to remove one or two down screw, on the a-arms, of the shock absorber to let more room to the drive shaft for moving. Because when you remove a differential, you need to move the drive shafts.

In this video, at 13:56, i show own i open the gearbox.

In this video, i removed all the parts from the gearbox. Because when i do an unboxing, i don't only look the car, but i often remove the maximum parts to show how each part is made. So, to show the gearbox, i removed the shock tower also, but your for doing the mesh, you don't need to do that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back