Vorteks Easy paint looks fantastic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corteks

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Check out this body I painted. First time ever painting a body. I didn’t want to take much time. So I went solid color with a simple strip down the middle. Used what paint I had on hand so not many options to choose from. I think this green came out pretty RAD. What do you think? What body’s have you painted?

85B4F5BA-EFC1-42E1-8513-B65266244C43.jpeg

2BEBA34E-A255-4872-BB81-AF218524B548.jpeg

7E9EF6AE-2F6A-4C43-BC12-9E81FD1B78A0.jpeg

Thank you. Oh yeah fir sure. I would dig a little dark purple accents. I’ll keep that in mind.

Nice paint work for sure. Color and all.

You said you've never painted an rc body but used paint you already had? If you used regular spray paint it's just going to crack and flake off, you have to use paint designed for polycarbonate. I made this mistake on my first body too. It does look nice though.

Yea bro you did awesome.. That looks gnarly!! Im digging that color, some purple upgrades would look sick!!
Thanks man! Yeah I bought some dark blue shocks for it but I could look into the purple accents for sur
What color was that? I need that for the nero.
Nice thanks!
Im sorry for the delay. I’ll try and read the label when I’m back at work. It’s a metallic forest green that we use on our fleet vehicles. I do have the color code at work.
Nice paint job. I see your a LH fan.
Wait what’s LH?

Last edited:
You said you've never painted an rc body but used paint you already had? If you used regular spray paint it's just going to crack and flake off, you have to use paint designed for polycarbonate. I made this mistake on my first body too. It does look nice though.
Oh okay for sure next time. Can I just back this with that poly paint to help it stay on? But it’s been through a beating now. Not sure if it matters. It’s holding up

^^^
No you really cant back it with PC paint now. PC paint goes on first. Or paint cracking and separation results with impacts.
Most any other paint will stick to that as a backer over PC paint. Sometimes. Depends on the paint though. Not really recommended however. Bare PC/Lexan always needs a PC paint. Tamiya seems to be the best IMHO. Usually the best results , several very light coats initially, let dry well between coats.
I have used a Krylon paint to accent over the outside of my Roller Lim body with decent results. Used a flat primer first.

I used Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint for my TRX-4 because I couldn't find a tan color that I wanted in the Tamiya paints. Worked great! It is made for car dashes and seats, so it is flexible and hasn't cracked yet.

I learned this the hard way last week. Sprayed the body of my Losi Mini-B and it came out surprisingly good. Only to flake off even when only stared at it.

I used Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint for my TRX-4 because I couldn't find a tan color that I wanted in the Tamiya paints. Worked great! It is made for car dashes and seats, so it is flexible and hasn't cracked yet.
I think SEM Colorcoat should work as well.

PC paint etches into the Lexan or plastics. Chemically Bonds to it. And of course is flexible. That's why it is expensive. With Flex additive, Even automotive flexi paints for flexible ABS (Plastic) bumpers are more costly than the same color paint used on the other Metal panels of a car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back