Typhon Easy Stock Pinion Gear Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyJonny1976

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello everyone. I just tried for almost an hour and over a hundred 4 letter words later to remove the stock pinion gear on my first RC car ever the newest Typhon. I can't remember the last time I got this mad. Shame on you Arma for using red loctite. So I finally decided to use my faucet handle puller to get it off which worked perfectly from my plumbing days. I did remove the set screw first. Jon-

I feel your pain the first time changing mine out was horrible. I ended up pulling the motor putting it in a vice and trying to get it off ruined a motor mount in the process but it' really easy take a fine tip soldering iron put it in the grub screw hole till you smell that sweet smell of loctite and it will slide right off. I was told by arrma that they use red on the oinions because of the heat and tourqe produced from the 2050kv motor. I pit my new pinion on with blue loctite let it cure 24 hours and it made it thro a half of a pack before the pinion slid loose again. I use red 271 loctite on it still because it comes off so easy with the soldering iron and this way I'm not saying a lot of 4 letter words over my pinion sliding off every run. Hope this helps and I'd recommed using red or you'l go thro the same stress of a pinion letting loose mid run.

I feel your pain the first time changing mine out was horrible. I ended up pulling the motor putting it in a vice and trying to get it off ruined a motor mount in the process but it' really easy take a fine tip soldering iron put it in the grub screw hole till you smell that sweet smell of loctite and it will slide right off. I was told by arrma that they use red on the oinions because of the heat and tourqe produced from the 2050kv motor. I pit my new pinion on with blue loctite let it cure 24 hours and it made it thro a half of a pack before the pinion slid loose again. I use red 271 loctite on it still because it comes off so easy with the soldering iron and this way I'm not saying a lot of 4 letter words over my pinion sliding off every run. Hope this helps and I'd recommed using red or you'l go thro the same stress of a pinion letting loose mid run.
Thank you. I just went out and bought a Weller fine tip soldiering iron and I'll use the red loctite! Your a lifesaver man! I think I'll still use my faucet handle puller after I heat it up. RCFL Brother!!! Jon-

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back