Kraton Easy way to remove wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetman71

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Took the Kraton v2 out today for its first run. Wow! What a machine - to say I'm happy is an understatement.

Brought it home and decided to do a little light maintenance. Question is .... has anybody worked out a simple way of getting the stock wheels off? Managed eventually to get three off but my hands can't take anymore. Am
I missing something?

Took the Kraton v2 out today for its first run. Wow! What a machine - to say I'm happy is an understatement.

Brought it home and decided to do a little light maintenance. Question is .... has anybody worked out a simple way of getting the stock wheels off? Managed eventually to get three off but my hands can't take anymore. Am
I missing something?

I had the exact same issue. Gave up getting one of mine off - tried everything but that thing just won't budge. Like it's glued on there or something!

Sorry to say I have no suggestions, but if you do find a way then be sure to let me know!

I had the same issue with all 4 !!!!! The 17 mm nut crushes a small piece of the rim down into the threads of the hubs. That's why you cant get them off. What you can do is....get a hobby razor knife with a fresh new blade. Carefully cut a notch around the 17MM hub to free up the crushed down black plastic of the rim. Cut right around the hub very slowly and carefully. (on an angle) After you do get the wheel off...take a Dremal tool with a small sanding drum on slow speed. Chamfer the edge of the rim where the 17MM hub threads go through . From the front side. This way the 17 mm nut cant crush the rim into the threads again. This happens often with nuts that have the ridges on one side of them. They rip up the rim around the hub area and it gets pushed into the first few threads of the hub.

Last edited:
They are tough to get off sometimes. I grab the wheel with both hands and press the hub through with my thumb, always does the trick for me. Sometimes a little wiggling of the wheel after the nut is off helps.

Thanks for the responses. Will give your suggestions a try. Could always be worse I suppose and be too loose. Hoping the weather will clear up so I can go out with the Kraton again today;)

I actually had to use a hammer to get try and get mine off , when that did not work i placed the kraton on the ground put my foot on the wheel to hold it and pulled up with my hands. What a pain in the ass .

What the hell is Arrma using to keep these wheels on so tight, cement locker? I have not been able to get the nut off any of them to remove the wheels. Even a hammer to the tool doesn't budge it! Got a set of road crushers I can't even use, lol! Otherwise love this truck!

How is this so difficult for u guys? I'm 150lbs soaking wet and I have no issues. U fellas need to hit the weights more lol

Seriously these things are super glued on. I think it's also a case of not knowing quite how much force can be used - I could use more force than I already am, and wiggle it much more violently, but in doing do you I'm increasing the chance of damaging another component.

I've emailed Arrma direct for advice and thy asked for photos - will await their reply. No way I'm using all he force I can, and in the process snapping half the front end off! Wheels should come off fairly easily, you shouldn't have to get hammers and heat guns out - clearly, at least for some of us, this is an issue caused in the factory either by over tightening the wheel nuts or accidentally spilling super glue on the hex!

Seriously these things are super glued on. I think it's also a case of not knowing quite how much force can be used - I could use more force than I already am, and wiggle it much more violently, but in doing do you I'm increasing the chance of damaging another component.

I've emailed Arrma direct for advice and thy asked for photos - will await their reply. No way I'm using all he force I can, and in the process snapping half the front end off! Wheels should come off fairly easily, you shouldn't have to get hammers and heat guns out - clearly, at least for some of us, this is an issue caused in the factory either by over tightening the wheel nuts or accidentally spilling super glue on the hex!
Ha I was just having fun. I imagine it is just due to the axle hole of these wheels being a bit smaller than they should, and the plastic is being crushed into the threads when tightening. Ive tried other wheels on and they fit more loosely.

Idea: once you have your wheel nuts off, find an object with a diameter slightly smaller than your axle (a short hex socket maybe?) and put this on the ground. Put the truck on its side and align the axle with the "object". Then you can press on the wheel from the inside. You should be able to put a lot of weight on it this way without risking any breakage...

After that, you can do what Vanning suggested and trim the opening slightly till the wheel installs easily.

Last edited:
It sucks to get a new RC and you have to beat on it to remove the wheels. My thumbs hurt for a good few days after I got the wheels off. They will come off.....I think if you work on getting one side of the wheel past the threads at a time...they will come off. Start on one side pull up...move over a little....pull up....etc. Work it right around the hub threads.

The 17mm nut is the type that has the ridges that bite into the plastic....these are great for keeping stuff together...but not for removing.. LOL give and take.

My MIP 17MM on my Slash are smooth...I rely more on Loctite with them. They don't bite into the wheel.

Once you do get the wheels off and you clean up that edge in the center hole of the wheel...you will be golden. These 17mm nuts hold well on this truck and that's how you really want it. Arrma should fix that edge in the factory for sure.

This is one awesome RC and I feel it's only going to keep getting better....giving Arrma input about issues is a good thing...they also seem to be addressing everything. That shows they are into it big time. I really like this platform...Monster Speed Truggy..... Keep it going and keep improving !!!!!

Last edited:
I actually had to use a hammer to get try and get mine off , when that did not work i placed the kraton on the ground put my foot on the wheel to hold it and pulled up with my hands. What a pain in the ass .

This worked for me today. Touch wood didn't break anything - such a relief when the wheel finally let go!

Arrma really need to address this as I guarantee a few people will break something getting the wheels off!

I had the same issue I had to get my girlfriend to grab onto the other side of the beast to give me leverage in pulling off the tire. I like the heat gun idea but I just used the Xacto to rim the opening up a bit. The hole is about the size of the thread it goes into. If you shave some of it off it will go in and out with confident ease

Still struggling here ..... I've wiggled like crazy and the B%$$*&r still won't come off! Oh hang on a minute ....

Yes, yes, yes :):):):):) I stood on the wheel :)( not sure that was the greatest idea) and ...... it came straight off. Now I'm happy. Thanks for all the posts fellas and sorry for not replying to those of you that gave advice - work got in the way and I've only managed to get the Kraton out for another run today. On a positive note - what a vehicle - I love it!

Still struggling here ..... I've wiggled like crazy and the B%$$*&r still won't come off! Oh hang on a minute ....

Yes, yes, yes :):):):):) I stood on the wheel :)( not sure that was the greatest idea) and ...... it came straight off. Now I'm happy. Thanks for all the posts fellas and sorry for not replying to those of you that gave advice - work got in the way and I've only managed to get the Kraton out for another run today. On a positive note - what a vehicle - I love it!
I was finally able to get the wheel nut off by sitting the Kraton on the ground, and standing on top of the tire one at a time for leverage.

Then I was able to get the wheels off the axles by doing what someone else said above. Lay Kraton on its side, stand on the tire touching the floor and pull on the one in the air. Takes some force but pops off. Then just smooth out the hub of the rim with a rough surface and it goes back on and off easy from there.

Now I can finally put on my Sweep Road Crushers!

My Duratrax Banditos and Lockups would not go on the axle of my TT Bushmaster either until I sanded down the rim hubs a bit.

Last edited:
I had the same issue I had to get my girlfriend to grab onto the other side of the beast to give me leverage in pulling off the tire. I like the heat gun idea but I just used the Xacto to rim the opening up a bit. The hole is about the size of the thread it goes into. If you shave some of it off it will go in and out with confident ease
Also shaving some off will weaken it a bit and that's the last thing i'd like to do when using big power. Wheels and tires are expensive at this scale , i would hate to damage a wheel while jumping .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back