Eating spur gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarslinger75

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So far I think I have maybe 2 hours total run time on my new typhon mega 550.... so far after maybe 6 runs I had to replace the esc... now 3 runs later I had to replace the spur gear. Just replaced that and got 1 minute and its slipping and grinding.... what a total piece of poop. I spent more time working on it that using it.... any suggestions other than burn it

Check your motor shaft, there shouldn't be any up, down, or side to side play and if there is don't run it anymore until you replace the motor. I would also look at getting an adjustable motor mount because the stock fixed holes can make the mesh tight and help lead to premature wear (like stripping spurs). Brushed seems to be more of a crapshoot as far as people having problems or not with the stock esc and motor.

Check your motor shaft, there shouldn't be any up, down, or side to side play and if there is don't run it anymore until you replace the motor. I would also look at getting an adjustable motor mount because the stock fixed holes can make the mesh tight and help lead to premature wear (like stripping spurs). Brushed seems to be more of a crapshoot as far as people having problems or not with the stock esc and motor.
So yeah the motor was gone... the shaft had a fair bit of slop in it lol. So I upgraded to brushless

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back