EB48 2.0 - 1st Kit Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Got started on my EB48 2.0 build to accompany my Big Rock! This is my first kit build though I've pretty much completely disassembled & reassembled my Big Rock.

• The diff builds went nice and smooth. Quality seems awesome to me!
    • diffs.jpg
  • The front & rear diff housings went MOSTLY smooth....some of the screws were punishing on the hands to get tight
    • housings.jpg
Then I made it to the rear assembly and ran into a problem. While tightening the C Block onto the housing the screws became so hard to turn I had to stop (pic below is as far as I could go - neither screw is tight). Someone on the Tekno forum suggested backing them out and adding a bit of grease, then working them in and out a bit as I put them in. Unfortunately I snapped my 2.5mm hex driver trying to back them out! Going to get a new driver and see what happens....I'll be a bit frustrated if the screw head strips or another driver snaps. There is no mention of 'working' the screws into the plastic in the instructions and the videos I've seen do not mention any struggles. Alas.....we shall see!

C_block.jpg

Welcome. Saw your thread on Teknoforums. I just finished building up my EB48 2.0 and I remember needing a good amount of muscling to get the block screws in but with a good set of drivers it wasn’t a problem. Are you using something like MIP’s or Vanquish drivers or something of that quality?

Welcome. Saw your thread on Teknoforums. I just finished building up my EB48 2.0 and I remember needing a good amount of muscling to get the block screws in but with a good set of drivers it wasn’t a problem. Are you using something like MIP’s or Vanquish drivers or something of that quality?
I was using some cheaper Neewer drivers. I was very happy with their tight fitting tips though not the most ergonomic handles. I just picked up some MIPs today so my fingers are crossed I can back the screws out and work them in and out a bit. Definitely takes some muscle considering I snapped the shaft of the driver - even though it wasn't a top quality driver.

I used chapstick on those screws , and it worked perfectly.
Nice, I might give that a try! Thanks.

Was able to back out the screws with the MIP drivers. A bit of Burt's Bees and everything went back together great! Thanks for the tips, I'm back in business!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back