Vorteks Ebay scam or not? Vorteks for $287?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car is nearly half price, the seller has only been an eBay member since 2021 and has no past reviews or sales. You be the judge!
Right? That's so ridiculous 🙄... first time I've seen that... but that's why ebay has always given me an uncertain feeling... wondering if I should/can report that...

The car is nearly half price, the seller has only been an eBay member since 2021 and has no past reviews or sales. You be the judge!
Nor do they even have a picture of the truck, either outside the box or even the box itself.

This one would be a pass for me as well.

@Drjt yes, you can report eBay items.

The old adage "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is." applies here. I will not buy from any seller on Ebay that doesn't have at least a bunch of sales and at least a 98% rating on sales. Even at 98% I look at their feedback comments to see why their rating isn't 99% or better. Using this method I have never been burned on an Ebay sale, and I've been using Ebay for over 17 years with over 430 purchases, mostly RC related stuff, HO train related stuff, and camera equipment.

Too cheap, wouldn't take the chance.

Nor do they even have a picture of the truck, either outside the box or even the box itself.

This one would be a pass for me as well.

@Drjt yes, you can report eBay items.
Going to check how... seems like thence limited the reasons you can report items and sellers to violations... hrm... thanks for everyone's confirmations...

That Vortex is no longer even there. Just checked. "Page missing".
I doubt you could get a warranty on it.
Selling out of channels and all.
2 yr Warranty on any Arrma rig is worth $$ by itself. My spin.

That Vortex is no longer even there. Just checked. "Page missing".
I doubt you could get a warranty on it.
Selling out of channels and all.
2 yr Warranty on any Arrma rig is worth $$ by itself. My spin.
Totally right...
Reported... probably unnecessary at this point, but one had been sold... basically used customer service to attempt to contact seller... it was a chat bot that attempted to message the seller... it responded that there was a problem with the seller and all sales were canceled on that item... now it's listed for same price with $10 shipping... so, maybe a lesson in futility for me!

Last edited:
Have to be careful with Ebay. Use it, but not often. Ony when a last resort with hard to find stuff. And I rarely recall getting any great deals.
Yet many swear by Ebay. Scams are numerous.
How do you think KT got where he is today?:ROFLMAO:

Have to be careful with Ebay. Use it, but not often. Ony when a last resort with hard to find stuff. And I rarely recall getting any great deals.
Yet many swear by Ebay. Scams are numerous.
How do you think KT got where he is today?:ROFLMAO:
Went to a local shop and ended up picking one up... felt great, and they matched the older 379 price before shipping crates went crazy 🤪... KT deserves credit... but I'm not becoming an ebay shipper... there's value one can provide in many ways... just look around... I always find someone to help with something... 😄 cheers

Went to a local shop and ended up picking one up... felt great, and they matched the older 379 price before shipping crates went crazy 🤪... KT deserves credit... but I'm not becoming an ebay shipper... there's value one can provide in many ways... just look around... I always find someone to help with something... 😄 cheers
Thats a great price on a legit vehicle. Just don't expect it to be the ultimate off road basher and if your run time sucks, start by gearing down to a 15T.

Look, KT is an influencer in his own right and a role model for many. I can see that. Largely a God, to the Newb crowd. Not a seasoned RC'er.
Just exactly what can one credit him for???? I'm sure many will have a long list for sure. To each his own.
I can see the entertainment value..... nothing else, TBH.

Now I bought my Vorteks from eBay for $324 and it was brand new with box damage. Still had the plasric on the body, but this was from a seller I have bought rollers fron in the past.

Look, KT is an influencer in his own right and a role model for many. I can see that. Largely a God, to the Newb crowd. Not a seasoned RC'er.
Just exactly what can one credit him for???? I'm sure many will have a long list for sure. To each his own.
Cool... thanks for that insight... I surrender... I'm a smart guy and was very competent in my profession... but there are so many hacks who end up with more credit and the majority don't know the difference... I was in medicine, for example, and I moved on to writing and research, and I met the writing team for guys like Dr. Oz and other famous TV sensation docs... these guys memorize their scripts and have everything written for them... the are just puppets who know very little about what they're saying... it's crazy... so you clearly know what you're talking about and KT obv I obviously receives much more credit than he actually deserves. I'm just too much of a novice to pick up on it. I wish I had an RC Guru to Apprentice with. I seriously wish I could find someone seeing as I'm bored out of my mind and pretty terrible at this Hobby!.lol
Thats a great price on a legit vehicle. Just don't expect it to be the ultimate off road basher and if your run time sucks, start by gearing down to a 15T.
Awesome... yah... I was putting forth the argument in another thread that it's not really a stadium truck but rather a whole new breed of animal and it's really heavy and the run times definitely aren't good for 1/10 scale vehicle. The reason I went to gas for 5th scale which I needed in the harsh desert Terrain is because the run times on these 8s Vehicles were so poor. Now it's not much better in this 7 lb 10th scale truck. So I'm going to try gearing down for sure!

I like watching his videos where he installs aftermarket parts on his rigs, they are very informative.

He always thinks "outside the box". Nothing holds him back. I will agree. Perserverance is his best trait. He is creative in his own way. He is no dummy.
That's how he became successful. For me its the entertainment value.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back