eBay titanium shock towers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Just got a set of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/234057054232 in today and the finish on them is rather unimpressive.

20211227_184451.jpg
20211227_184501.jpg
20211227_184507.jpg
20211227_184632.jpg
20211227_184702.jpg
20211227_184717.jpg
20211227_184734.jpg

A little work with the Dremel and I had this :ROFLMAO:

20211227_211715.jpg

Nope it looks like crap too.
Basic edm cut and go. Sad part is 1 min of a flapper wheel and chamfer bit would make it look so much better for production. Would take longer to wire burn the part then to clean it up. That’s just unprofessional and lazy.

Damn, those aren't cheap either. You can get Scorched towers for like $10 more (plus shipping I guess).

Definitely not worth the money for what you get.

Scorched towers are $108.80 shipped. I paid $81.07 for these.

The way they come no. If they had better finish it wouldn't be so bad.

To chamfer the holes and the edges,
They make chamfer bits but you can use a good sharp drillbit and spin it by hand as far as the outer and inner edges you can either hand file or get a deburring tool for some thing of such a small scale I would just hand file them you’ll be able to control the edge and clean the lines up a deburring tool will work a lot better but you’ll have Lil nix where you start and stop with it. A Dremel will work decent but because how hard the titanium is it will likely bounce around a lot and give you an uneven finish A Dremel will work decent but because how hard the titanium is it will likely bounce around a lot

I'm surprised by the quality of work from that seller. I have purchased several items from them and they were quite nice my favorite being their big bore shocks for my Typhon 3s
I suppose it could have been a one-off mistake...a set that didn't make it through the finishing process.

I suppose it could have been a one-off mistake...a set that didn't make it through the finishing process.
Take a closer look at the pictures in the ad they aren't finished either.

I can't drill the shock mount holes out to 4mm so I'm not going to be able to run my Tekno shocks on my Outcast anymore :(

Off to Jennys for some stock takeoffs I guess.

dear lord..
Those parts look like they were cut by hand using a band saw.. or a CNC that's severely out of tune.

I can't drill the shock mount holes out to 4mm so I'm not going to be able to run my Tekno shocks on my Outcast anymore :(

Off to Jennys for some stock takeoffs I guess.
Because you just don't have the stuff to do it? If you're willing to trust, send me the towers and I'll drill them out with my drill press and send them back to you. PM me if you want, if not, no hurt feelings, I understand.

Because you just don't have the stuff to do it? If you're willing to trust, send me the towers and I'll drill them out with my drill press and send them back to you. PM me if you want, if not, no hurt feelings, I understand.
The holes are too close together to do by hand, yeah if I had a drill press I could probably do it.
I need new shock springs anyway so might as well get new shocks 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back