EC5 3s Lipo Battery for Senton 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philly42

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I'm thinking about getting this Senton. It seems that Dean connectors are popular though I haven't found many EC5. Does anybody have recommendations for batteries? Has anyone soldered EC5 connectors on Lipo batteries? Also any recommendations on a charger?

Hi Philly, for a charger i would look for one with at least 60w power so you can charge a 3s 5000mAh lipo within an hour.
Soldering EC5's is not that hard. You can also change the connector of the esc. Most hobbyshops can help you with this.
Or just buy some wire, tin and connectors from Hobbyking and practice it a few times.

Most of my large model airplanes use EC5 connectors. They will fit an XT 90 but the plastic connector bodies are loose. You will need to use twist ties to ensure a snug fit.

Ah ok, that indeed is not a solid permanent solution. So it's going to be soldering or get one of these:
15425629387562298545458365865969.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry if this question seems silly but this is all new to me....

Is this EC5 connector on the ESC male or female?

Attachments

• ec5.PNG
    ec5.PNG
    871 KB · Views: 60
I made my own

Attachments

• 15425734821972883893782187297843.jpg
    15425734821972883893782187297843.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20181118_143812757.jpg
    IMG_20181118_143812757.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 109
I made my own

I'm sorry man, but that looks dangerous. Please practice soldering and change that ASAP before you short a pack and blow something up. if you need one I'll make you one and send you a replacement. Im an electronic engineer by trade.

That would be cool but just need to solder it better and use some heat shrink tubei did cut the wire case back to far

That would be cool but just need to solder it better and use some heat shrink tubei did cut the wire case back to far

Well let me know if you want me to make you one. I think the next time I do a EC5 I'll make a video. I have a super clean easy method for doing those.

Last edited:
Hi Philly, for a charger i would look for one with at least 60w power so you can charge a 3s 5000mAh lipo within an hour.
Soldering EC5's is not that hard. You can also change the connector of the esc. Most hobbyshops can help you with this.
Or just buy some wire, tin and connectors from Hobbyking and practice it a few times.
I am new to lipo rc cars. I bought a typhon3s. Can you recommend a charger that takes the ic5/ec5 and possibly a trx plug. There are so many options I don’t know what to look for

I am new to lipo rc cars. I bought a typhon3s. Can you recommend a charger that takes the ic5/ec5 and possibly a trx plug. There are so many options I don’t know what to look for
This is a real good charger, can get them at smcracing. You can choose all your connectors, with or without charger, it's on sale right now.
20190518_205756.jpg

i got the same charger based of recommendations here, works great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back