EC5 Connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esowins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello! I’m brand new to the RC world and my local hobby shop talked me into a Senton S3 4x4 BLX. They sold me reaction 5000mah 50c EC5 battery. However I’m noticing most batteries are Deans. Can I just buy a converter without it getting too hot and causing a fire?

I used to use them but got tired of them coming unplugged. the extra weight plus of the adapter plus weak deans connection would cause loss of power/connection every other jump....no fires though. I have since only use xt90 on all my rigs.

I'm confused. You bought a car with EC5 and a battery with a corresponding EC5. How does the Deans connector play into this scenario?

if you're talking about getting extra batteries, there's a few companies make them with ec5 or companies like SMC lets you choose the connector option when ordering direct.
It's also pretty simple I've learned to just cut and solder a new connector on if need be.

Learn to solder, deans plugs from my own experience, especially the ones that come with lipos are pure and utter crap. Your lhs should be able to solder on some EC5 connectors to your new batts if you don't know how to solder.

if you're talking about getting extra batteries, there's a few companies make them with ec5 or companies like SMC lets you choose the connector option when ordering direct.
It's also pretty simple I've learned to just cut and solder a new connector on if need be.

I looked into SMC. Really good prices too. Have you ran them with any issues?

Also have you seen their charger? it looks really nice, thinking i need a better one than the basic one I have.

Most may know this but it’s new to me. If you have Xt90 on your car/truck and ec5 on your battery they will work together but not the other way around. So you don’t need to change out the battery terminals...

I looked into SMC. Really good prices too. Have you ran them with any issues?

Also have you seen their charger? it looks really nice, thinking i need a better one than the basic one I have.

I love my SMC batteries. No issues whatsoever. Also pretty much everyone at my local track runs them as well which is where I got the recommendation to try them. No regrets whatsoever.

Are you running their 2S or 3S? I could only find 90C for their 3S based on their site. can the Senton BLX handle that discharge rate?

Are you running their 2S or 3S? I could only find 90C for their 3S based on their site. can the Senton BLX handle that discharge rate?
Yup, no such thing as too high discharge for a battery. The esc will only pull as much power as it needs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back