Ec5 high heat casing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speeding_Infraction

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Is there a reason why EC5 connector casings are not high heat plastic, like XT connectors? It seems like that way they could ship them complete.

No they still wouldn't be able to ship them complete as you would not be able to solder wires onto the bullets because they are recessed too far into the housing.

Is there a reason why EC5 connector casings are not high heat plastic, like XT connectors? It seems like that way they could ship them complete.
Just curious, if we assumed this was an option, what benefit would that offer? Personally, I think the fact that they are soldered as bare metal contacts is a pro, not a con. You can add as much heat as you want (even use a torch), without worrying melting the housing, or attaching a mating connector to help draw heat away.

I don't feel that it would offer any special benefit, it was just a thought I had
Cool, you just made me wonder.

I'm going to guess that part of the reason they're a lower-temperature plastic is *because* you have to snap the contacts into the plastic housings. Lower-temperature plastics are generally softer, and it would be easier to click the contacts in. If you used a very-high-temperature plastic, in addition to them being more expensive, they would likely also be stiffer, so it might be tougher to assemble the contacts.

And lets not overlook the cost aspect :) Plus, from a practical perspective., there shouldn't really be much need for heat-resistance, since these are soldered without the plastic. XT90s probably use that because they must, given how you solder them. But it's not required here, it's probably cheaper to go with a less-impressive plastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back