Typhon EC5? IC5? Omg XT90?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 Questions:
What is “re-tin”? Also, I will Google this Flux stuff.

Again, thx everybody for the input. I’ve been really busy preparing everything I need to solder connectors. Now, I wonder what am I missing? Lots of pics here. Anything else I need?
P.S: I love those Eschenbach Max Detail glasses. View attachment 57051View attachment 57052View attachment 57053View attachment 57054View attachment 57055View attachment 57056View attachment 57057View attachment 57058View attachment 57059
Duuuude you are ready to SMASH it. Look at all those goodies. Once you start, your gonna end up soldering the house down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just to throw this out there - If you are actually worried about getting shocked / zapped / some form of electrocution ( why not ? - these sure do store a lot of power - right ? )

All these RC packs and most related electronics are low voltage DC current. This means you would have to try really, really hard to come up with a way to hurt yourself ! Obviously when soldering connectors and dealing with torn wires you never want to short a pack out. The hazard that creates is ... heat / fire.... .

What about the AC current generated by the ESC ? - O.k. - potentially far more "dangerous" but these are typically a closed loop and any fault shuts them down. If you did come up with a way to be zapped by that it would be about the same as touching a low power electric fence. uncomfortable but not deadly.

DC is far more dangerous than AC in general. But it is hard to find a source of high voltage DC in everyday life. I was at an old church once that used DC lights and had a big wheel up on a balcony that controlled the system. On touch of that wheel and you’re a goner for sure. Once you get above 50VDC, bad things start to happen. It only takes a very small amount of current to kill you, but the barrier is you need enough voltage to overcome the resistance in the body to get that current flowing. DC above 50V will usually flow through wet skin on most people.

I have a 600 deg soldering iron, adjustable, from Amazon, it was less than $20, and the helper stand from Harbor Freight. Does the job. One tip on the XT90, plug in a bare connector for the opposite of what you are soldering to dissapate heat and prevent melting the plastic.

DC is far more dangerous than AC in general. But it is hard to find a source of high voltage DC in everyday life. I was at an old church once that used DC lights and had a big wheel up on a balcony that controlled the system. On touch of that wheel and you’re a goner for sure. Once you get above 50VDC, bad things start to happen. It only takes a very small amount of current to kill you, but the barrier is you need enough voltage to overcome the resistance in the body to get that current flowing. DC above 50V will usually flow through wet skin on most people.
This is why I turn down every hybrid car job. If I gotta use welding gloves to work on electrical systems for a car, I’m not doing it.

Peace at last, peace at last. Thank God Almighty, I have peace at last! The Pulse-Bat boxes just arrived. They are absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, the charger I have won’t sit well on the bracket they provided, but I’ll find a work around. I also need to get balance charger extensions to into the box. It’s a work in progress. The boxes will do fine for storage in the mean time.

DAE10FAC-B73F-4685-883D-13A440166AF0.png
EE850298-7E56-44D3-8946-6C2F57AE540B.jpeg
D0BC021E-726F-4684-AC0B-2A0DD423CC0F.jpeg
50460241-FE16-4351-A6BC-15BB2EF1FF76.png

Thanks again guys for all the help and advice. Things are coming along.

Peace at last, peace at last. Thank God Almighty, I have peace at last! The Pulse-Bat boxes just arrived. They are absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, the charger I have won’t sit well on the bracket they provided, but I’ll find a work around. I also need to get balance charger extensions to into the box. It’s a work in progress. The boxes will do fine for storage in the mean time.

View attachment 59688View attachment 59686View attachment 59687View attachment 59689

Thanks again guys for all the help and advice. Things are coming along.
They look sweet! How many lipos can you fit in there?

They look sweet! How many lipos can you fit in there?
Right now, I’m just following the instruction manual which suggests no more than 2 6S per box. I might order 1 more of these boxes for another set of Lipos for the 2nd Rig.

Right now, I’m just following the instruction manual which suggests no more than 2 6S per box. I might order 1 more of these boxes for another set of Lipos for the 2nd Rig.
It says 2 6S when CHARGING. You can store more than that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back