Ec5 to xt90 something is not right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk_Rc

have a nice day arrma maniacs ✌
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-male-to-ec5-female-2pcs-bag.html

i bought this adapter to use with the new turnigy 3s batteries with XT90 connectors and ic5 on esc... but when i tried to attach the adapter to the battery i noticed it nothing is correct ?‍♂️
20200108_151715.jpg
20200108_151757.jpg

in description they said...A handy adapter to convert an XT90 equipped battery to an EC5 connector. Useful for use with an EC5 equipped ESC or Charge lead.

But xt90 is not a male?? ?

confusion ?
20200108_152054.jpg

i am confused What would be correct?

Last edited:
I quickly checked the link, you did not get the advertised product.
You have a male EC5 to female XT90 ;)
Tnx, This not be real i waiting for this long time and now i get the wrong one?? i bought my kraton 6s and didnt do any ride with it...this is bad. and now i need order something else and wait for it. not happy ?

Where about’s are you, maybe someone on here local could help you out ..??
that's would be nice for sure. i don't think so...i live in europe country Slovenia. i think many of you never heard about it... but Donalt Trump have wife From Slovenia Melania Trump ?

@Mk_Rc I'd suggest picking a battery connector and going full on with it. Don't use adapters and instead pick a connector of your choice and have all your RC's and/or batteries us it. No adapters needed. ;)
Tnx for your suggestion ?i have all my other batteries ec5 connector. On 3s rigs works good how well are then on 6s rigs when you bash hard?

Last edited:
If you decide to learn to solder, don’t use that knowledge to make an adapter. Freaking replace the connector on the battery ??‍♂️

Do you have any hardware stores near you? The only thing that most likely will not be found in a hardware store is the Hakko tip but the one that comes with your iron may be good enough. Do you have a pic of it? The shape isn’t really that important, it’s the size because you want it be able to transfer a lot of heat quickly.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-male-to-ec5-female-2pcs-bag.html

i bought this adapter to use with the new turnigy 3s batteries with XT90 connectors and ic5 on esc... but when i tried to attach the adapter to the battery i noticed it nothing is correct ?‍♂️
View attachment 60077View attachment 60078
in description they said...A handy adapter to convert an XT90 equipped battery to an EC5 connector. Useful for use with an EC5 equipped ESC or Charge lead.

But xt90 is not a male?? ?

confusion ?
View attachment 60079

i am confused What would be correct?
You should just solder the connectors correctly. Using adapters is a bad idea. It’s okay for charging, but don’t use these in your truck. The connection can break or short out if it’s not made properly. And they usually are made cheaply. Direct solder is the best possible connection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back