ECX Vs. Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arrma granite is still going strong after A LOT of abuse lol front shock towers are a good part to have on hand if you doing crazy stunts often. (Luckily there cheap) I take this truck out 3-4 times a week a bash it hard and it always comes back for more.

My arrma granite is still going strong after A LOT of abuse lol front shock towers are a good part to have on hand if you doing crazy stunts often. (Luckily there cheap) I take this truck out 3-4 times a week a bash it hard and it always comes back for more.
Sorry need to make a correction here it was late for me last night! I meant to say front body posts NOT shock towers.

Which models?
The Arrma Granite and the Ruckus are the models I'm looking towards for my son. I have a kraton and love it and so does he, but want something a little smaller with big tires for him. I even seen a vandal xl with big tires that looks appealing too. I just want the toughest most durable vehicle for my boy to enjoy in any weather.

Arrma Granite blx is fast and tough for sure, the only major downfall I could see is the granite is 2wd vs the 4wd option on the ruckus. The Arrma Ruckus and granite both have things that will break but so does every truck. I would say if not having 4wd doesn't concern You then grab a granite BLX. It's a super tough truck hens the basher of the year award X2 :) if money's not an option and you don't mind tinkering then the I'd say the proline pro mt is your best option. It's a kit but it's a bulletproof chassis and you pick your own electronics. If there was a 4wd kit of that truck I'd own it first hands down.

The Arrma Granite and the Ruckus are the models I'm looking towards for my son. I have a kraton and love it and so does he, but want something a little smaller with big tires for him. I even seen a vandal xl with big tires that looks appealing too. I just want the toughest most durable vehicle for my boy to enjoy in any weather.

It is a hard choice...both vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses.
And from the point of parts supply and third party hop-ups they would be on the same level I guess.

A BLX would be a good decision because of all the optional parts included. But the MEGA I would have my reservations.

Do you want a complete RTR, or are you willing to upgrade son parts like the esc/motor?

It is a hard choice...both vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses.
And from the point of parts supply and third party hop-ups they would be on the same level I guess.

A BLX would be a good decision because of all the optional parts included. But the MEGA I would have my reservations.

Do you want a complete RTR, or are you willing to upgrade son parts like the esc/motor?
I want it brushless for sure, will be running alot in snow this winter as our winters are 8 months up north here lol. I don't mind upgrading in future( I do have 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale electronics on hand) but would like a good rtr from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your explanation!
With so much snow 4WD would be more fun to drive (but doubles the necessary maintenance due to the wet nature of snow ;))

Both trucks in brushless versions are fine. You could also look for the best deal for both, and base your choice on that.

Still a though decision though ;)

I know about that test at BigSquid, but it is the brushed 2WD Ruckus, and the 2013 Granite.
I really have to say the 2015 is off a bit less quality, looking at the shock caps for example.

I also know about a lot of ECX trucks are notorious for those popping out drive-shafts, which in itself is even more annoying than popping shock caps.

@andrewGuam : I would make use of Michael's new ECX forum, and ask about these popping drive-shafts and any other problems.
For the Granite you know here what your money will buy.

Still a hard decision ;)

Here is the answer

1. What parts are avaible locally, some places don't sell arrma... some don't sell ecx

2. Do you want 2wd or 4wd

3. Arrma has 2 year warrenty... pretty sure more places sell ecx parts.... so would you want to order more or drive and pickup more

4. If your still reading this and unsure buy the arrma because apparently there is this forum you see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back