Edit: Confirmed! New Castle 1717 (1650kv 8s) Sensored Big Block Is Coming!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert will there be a 1520 variant, and if so maybe a time frame ???
We are experimenting with lots of sizes/winds of motors. Our motor manufacture used to require that we order motors in quantities of 1000 per SKU so some variants didn't make sense to stock because it would take us years to sell 1000 of some specific motors. Recently they have revised our MOQ terms to be 1000 of any SKU so now we are more free to sell oddball sizes that don't sell as well because we don't have to hold thousands of dollars of stock to sell those sizes. So if there was demand for a size/kv, and we only sold 100 per year it wouldn't cost us a lot to stock a small quantity of a size. These slower selling motors would likely only sell direct from our website and would have a bit of a price premium because we would need to recoup the engineering time it takes to design, validate, and test the motors before putting them on sale.
We are looking at several different sizes and winds in the 14, 15, 17, and 20 size stators and we already have several prototypes of different sizes. I don't know any timeframes for releasing new motors. I'm fairly disconnected from the actual development process of the motors.

Can’t wait to get my hands on this new motor. Now I just have to decide if I want to see what kind of speed I can squeeze out of it in the stretched Typhon or put it in the Talion to bash on 8s

(Notorious pouts in corner with sad face on)

Look what showed up in my mailbox today!

726C2970-B800-4E7D-BEBB-88FA7B28FE52.jpeg
67EAFF12-F5B7-49C9-B2AF-2BD0C1356F18.jpeg

I’m sooooo pumped to put this in my limitless!!! ?

Can’t wait to get my hands on this new motor. Now I just have to decide if I want to see what kind of speed I can squeeze out of it in the stretched Typhon or put it in the Talion to bash on 8s

(Notorious pouts in corner with sad face on)

Sorry to bother you, but do you think this esc and motor would fit in the notorious?!! Thank you in advance and thank you for all that you do!!!!

Sorry to bother you, but do you think this esc and motor would fit in the notorious?!! Thank you in advance and thank you for all that you do!!!!
Yes it will, but you will need to notch out the rear part of the side guard slightly.

Yes it will, but you will need to notch out the rear part of the side guard slightly.

Awesome! Thank you... I was gonna get a max6 combo but I think I’ll wait to get this set up! All my buddies have the max6... gotta try something different!

thank you again for your time and attention!

Awesome! Thank you... I was gonna get a max6 combo but I think I’ll wait to get this set up! All my buddies have the max6... gotta try something different!

thank you again for your time and attention!
The Castle 1717 is about the same size as the Hobbywing 4985 and I had to notch out my side guard for it. Also do note that you need the V4 sliding motor mount, the M2C Racing motor mount or the PPS motor mount in order to fit that motor, it will not fit with the Hot Racing, GPM, Integy, STRC or V1-V3 stock mounts.

The Castle 1717 is about the same size as the Hobbywing 4985 and I had to notch out my side guard for it. Also do note that you need the V4 sliding motor mount, the M2C Racing motor mount or the PPS motor mount in order to fit that motor, it will not fit with the Hot Racing, GPM, Integy, STRC or V1-V3 stock mounts.

The notorious came with the v4 mount... so I’m ahead of the game! Just have read so much good stuff about this motor, wanted to run it....

Thank you again... super fast replies!!!

Guys are putting them in the Kraton EXB and it’s just a longer wheelbase Notorious/Outcast.

That said, that is an insane amount of power for a Notorious.How much can you actually use?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back