Senton "EDITED" Senton motor ESC problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bckyrdbshr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
I replaced the motor and ESC in my cousins Senton mega with the Firma 150amp ESC and the Spektrum 2050KV motor. It's using the Hot Racing Vendetta metal spur gear, I cant remember off hand if its the 50 or the 55 tooth along with I believe a 25 tooth pinion on 3s. Everything else on the truck is stock. The way he describes it is the truck is fast but after about a minute of driving it slows way down like the battery is run down. Batteries are new and fully charged. Its like its going into some sort of protection mode. Any ideas??

EDIT: Well this is after one run on 3s it was geared 27/50. I had to cut the driveshaft off, both bearings are toast and the housing is trash. I still haven't got the spur off yet. Its a new HR Spur so I don't want to trash it. He dropped it of said keep it, do what you want. said fix it, throw it away he was done with it. lol
20230121_161934.jpg

20230121_161956.jpg

20230121_161948.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced the motor and ESC in my cousins Senton mega with the Firma 150amp ESC and the Spektrum 2050KV motor. It's using the Hot Racing Vendetta metal spur gear, I cant remember off hand if its the 50 or the 55 tooth along with I believe a 25 tooth pinion on 3s. Everything else on the truck is stock. The way he describes it is the truck is fast but after about a minute of driving it slows way down like the battery is run down. Batteries are new and fully charged. Its like its going into some sort of protection mode. Any ideas??

What's his driving style??
Full Bore 100% ,tire melting 'fast'? Or just a few fast blips here or there..??

Overheating..?

Overheating..?
Thats what I'm thinking but he didn't go into detail. He said he was gonna go try it again this weekend so I told him to check temp on his motor and esc if it still does it. The gearing should be fine right?? I do know the ESC hasn't been calibrated. Is it possible that could cause it?? what about motor timing, what should it be set on for the 2050kv motor?

Thats what I'm thinking but he didn't go into detail. He said he was gonna go try it again this weekend so I told him to check temp on his motor and esc if it still does it. The gearing should be fine right?? I do know the ESC hasn't been calibrated. Is it possible that could cause it?? what about motor timing, what should it be set on for the 2050kv motor?

It should be done. Yes.

You have any photos of the setup that we can look at?

Another thing to think about is voltage sag on 3s with that gearing..it could be dipping into lvc under load after a little of the battery has been depleted in the run time he has with it...

Throw a 4s pack of larger capacity in it and see if it does the same.. heck try 6s...

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on red,,,,,,, oh, I mean voltage sag... Yeah that's it, voltage sag..🤪

I had some stuff like that happening. I thought the esc was bad. I swapped the stock receiver and transmitter . All that wierdness is gone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back