Vorteks Edough's RC ARRMA Forum fan event event Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Have to make a new build thread for the Vorteks I won from the 2021 ARRMA Forum fan event. Can't say thank you enough to the Forum and especially to @WoodiE!!
IMG_20210621_160552647.jpg
IMG_20210621_155742122_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210621_160312262.jpg
This build will be for my 11yr old son Xavier as he will be getting the Vorteks for his first Arrma. To start I completely went through the rig checking all screws, nuts, mesh and fluids. Both front and rear diffs were binding so I added another shim opposite the ring gear and loosened the yokes a little bit which helped free them up. Slipper was also really loose at like 3 1/2 turns loose from tight so properly adjusted that as well. Pinion/spur mesh was too tight so set it correctly and also changed 18t pinion to a 17t. Replaced stock Arrma motor fan with a Powerhobby aluminum cased fan.
IMG_20210621_192541876.jpg
So far that's all I've done and will probably only do very little else like add some LEDs and a metal spur gear. As I said this will be my son's rig so it will be up to him from here on out. I do want to point out some changes I like with the Vorteks. The front and rear hinge pin plates now screw into the chassis
IMG_20210621_180320170.jpg
the front bumper/skid plate is easier to take off with how it is attached above the bumper spring.
IMG_20210621_183457237.jpg
I also like that the new towers now have mounts for a T2T brace and allow for more body options with the multiple post mounting spots.
IMG_20210621_232909622.jpg
IMG_20210621_232918553.jpg

Again HUGE thank you @WoodiE and everyone that made the ARRMA Forum fan event possible!

The main weak point is the front shocks so far with the two my girls have. The front bumper isn’t very wide so there is little protection for the shock and if you hit something (in our case a rock) between the bumper and the tire, the shock takes that impact directly. Replacements are back ordered. I am going to find or fabricate a much wider bumper.

Went ahead and made and installed a T2T brace for the Vorteks so when Dad wants to send it big it will have some more support💪 Xavier is home now so he will be taping his tires and getting to make his maiden bash today with his new Vorteks 😍 after his maiden bash he will start taping and reinforcing the body with Dad's help and I will be installing his LEDs so he has some cool lights and can cruise at night if he wants to 👍
IMG_20210625_084048509.jpg

Went ahead and made and installed a T2T brace for the Vorteks so when Dad wants to send it big it will have some more support💪 Xavier is home now so he will be taping his tires and getting to make his maiden bash today with his new Vorteks 😍 after his maiden bash he will start taping and reinforcing the body with Dad's help and I will be installing his LEDs so he has some cool lights and can cruise at night if he wants to 👍
What's the duct tape for?

Well Vorteks will be getting a new blx motor as the brand new Spektrum motor blew a bearing after only 3 runs😠 also will be adding the steel spur as due to the motor bearing going of course ate the plastic spur up as well.

Got the Vorteks all fixed for Mr Xavier, new BLX 3s motor, metal spur gear, dropped to 15t pinion and cut slit in chassis. It's definitely a lot more responsive and peppy with the 15t pinion and BLX motor now and should run a bit cooler than the 17t I had in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back