Kraton Edough's RC Kraton 6s BLX build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any other thoughts on the amp cutoff @jondilly1974? Would the dual fans I'm running cause this possibly? Was going to unplug the fans next time and see if it still does it otherwise I'm not sure at a loss.... Not a huge deal as I never planned on a speed run rig for the K6s but still fun to do every once in a while and this is just not allowing it.

Any other thoughts on the amp cutoff @jondilly1974? Would the dual fans I'm running cause this possibly? Was going to unplug the fans next time and see if it still does it otherwise I'm not sure at a loss.... Not a huge deal as I never planned on a speed run rig for the K6s but still fun to do every once in a while and this is just not allowing it.
I just think the BLX185 isn’t well suited to speed run. I had one cut power in a Typhon 3S let alone a Kraton 6S. Not much I have found to fix it other than a much longer wind up.

Well first two runs bashing the diffs are still solid and sound good?. Definitely think the extra time shimming everything is going to pay off. Post some video maybe tomorrow if I can get it to upload tonight after work.

Ever get the rest of the parts? My infraction wouldn't even run with the speed gearing right out of the box.

Ever get the rest of the parts? My infraction wouldn't even run with the speed gearing right out of the box.
Ya my mailbox did? I close my store tonight so I'm not off until 10:30pm tonight damn it. But ya your parts and my Jenny's Kraton set came today ? stoked!!

So possibly found a reason for the cut off on speed runs maybe? Went to run the K6s yesterday and one of my batteries would not register. Took apart connection and found my solder was coming undone so resoldered her up and is fine now. Would this possibly cause the cut off @jondilly1974 in a sense loosing good connection during the run?

So possibly found a reason for the cut off on speed runs maybe? Went to run the K6s yesterday and one of my batteries would not register. Took apart connection and found my solder was coming undone so resoldered her up and is fine now. Would this possibly cause the cut off @jondilly1974 in a sense loosing good connection during the run?
Sure is likely. That would destroy your amp capacity.

I'm hoping this was the issue and not the ESC as before switching to the new set of batteries I'm using I did not have the problem so?

I'm hoping this was the issue and not the ESC as before switching to the new set of batteries I'm using I did not have the problem so?
Let’r’rip taterchip

If I didn't have 60+ mph winds today I'd give it a go lol. Still might rip around a bit but the wind is ripping out there bad today.

Ya almost positive now that was my issue, rig has way better power now and with no load just bench running it I can hold WOT with no issue. So ? hopefully get a day it's not 60mph winds and raining to give her a go but rig is putting a lot better power out now for sure!

Thanks @Rcproponent definitely nice to hopefully ? get the issue figured out. Will be nice to not have my rig cut out after 3 seconds of holding WOT!

Well diffs are still great but shock standoff screw, rear suspension hangers, hinge pin and possibly rear shock not so much....
Screenshot_20201204-132230.png

IMG_20201204_131301069.jpg

IMG_20201204_131314308.jpg

IMG_20201204_131318079.jpg

Alright here is the carnage and then the maiden run for the chassis up build. Totally user error, worst landing I've ever had and it showed with the carnage ?

Here's the damage, just getting everything pulled apart and new parts in. Good news though I had all the parts I needed to fix her up and rear diff is still perfect after shimming everything inside and out the last time?
IMG_20201211_163444897.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back