Kraton Edough's RC Kraton 6s BLX build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jondilly1974 ya just ordered mine from China so maybe middle of October will show up? Guess first one to get it updates the other?
Mine said shipping from USA, then I realize they just order it from China and then have someone forward it to me from WA state when it arrives. Thinking of canceling the order.

@NewSensei, Thanks for the info, sure the adjustments will come with more time and more driving the truck. What pinion you running, and what fluids front and back with the earplugs in center? You get high motor temps fast or are you running a fan? Sorry so many questions lol
I have stock fluids front and back. 13t pinion during summer heat and now that it's cooling off I'll be putting the 16t back in ;)

I was getting high motor temps, especially during the summer here in Texas, so I added a heatsync, fans and an edf. The edf alone made a HUGE difference moving air through the cabin. Motor was hitting 200°f before the edf and hottest it's gotten since putting it in is 145°f. Here are some of the things I did with mine:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/newsenseis-kraton-6s-build-thread.26545/

Mine said shipping from USA, then I realize they just order it from China and then have someone forward it to me from WA state when it arrives. Thinking of canceling the order.
Well I'll let you know if it's worth a $hit when ever mine arrives, hear it's not bad and just about anything is an upgrade over stock radio
RPM front bumper installed
IMG_20200915_212258246.jpg

Put in 2000 CST oil in front shocks 1325 CST in rear. Painted some parts red for the R,W&B theme. When I feel like pulling them off will be doing turn buckles red too.
IMG_20200916_222218155.jpg
IMG_20200916_221537078.jpg

Ok think I'm done painting $hit, maybe for now anyways.... Stoked how she looks and turned out! Red, White and Blue!!! Got around to doing the turnbuckles red while waiting for loctite to set on pinion. Now to bash her and dirty up all the work I did?
IMG_20200917_152415362.jpg
IMG_20200917_144304643.jpg
IMG_20200917_144523057.jpg
IMG_20200917_144730291.jpg

Got heatsink and dual motor fans put on, last bearings installed in steering housing and on front input shaft. Replaced front diff ring gear again and added another shim to gear side feels nice and smooth now have to see how it holds up.

IMG_20200925_133705332.jpg
IMG_20200925_121851624.jpg

IMG_20200925_135931841.jpg

IMG_20200925_171849513.jpg

Got this in the mail today and already got it installed in the Kraton. Have only done minor test driving to make sure all is good have to give it some real testing later. Seems way more responsive, has 6 channels which is always a plus, and range for days, also test range later see if I can hit the end of my driveway, trust me it's a long driveway...
IMG_20201001_151614818.jpg

IMG_20201001_151734421.jpg

@jondilly1974 Well to say this thing is worth the money is an understatement. Ya was 3 week wait but HOLY SH#+! The range is unreal on this thing! And compared to stock remote and receiver, well there's just no comparison it's faster in response, a lot more sensitive and fine with all adjustments, more channels.... Again for the price I'm not sure there is anything that comes close to comparison. When my slow slow internet uploads the video I'll post my range test with it, unreal!

@jondilly1974 Well to say this thing is worth the money is an understatement. Ya was 3 week wait but HOLY SH#+! The range is unreal on this this thing! And compared to stock remote and receiver, well there's just no comparison it's faster in response, a lot more sensitive and fine with all adjustments, more channels.... Again for the price I'm not sure there is anything that comes close to comparison. When my slow slow internet uploads the video I'll post my range test with it, unreal!
I received mine but it didn’t come in a box. I also just received my Noble too, so I have two radios to test ??

Not the best video with my phone but here's my range test. Sure there is more range on the receiver but I can't go further from where I'm at. Have to check out my speed run road and see if it has even more distance on it. Can't complain a bit, tons of range, now if it could get the mail out of the mailbox?

@Sandracer_NL not sure if your just trying to troll or guessing your relatively new to the hobby and forum? Ya if you want to eat the money and buy the top plate just to add the brace go ahead, but I did what almost everyone does and drill the hole to fit the bigger screw.

@Sandracer_NL
There is tons of information on here I highly suggest searching anything before just buying a replacement or upgrade. You can find alternatives and diy options on here others have done that save a lot of money on unneeded purchases. For example, why buy a new top plate just to use a chassis brace, when you can literally take a drill or Dremel and make the hole a mm bigger to fit the bigger screw. Didn't mean to come off as an a$$ just seemed like a pointless question as it has been mentioned in the forum countless times. Again don't be afraid to search for anything you might have a question about it's probably been covered on the forum 5 times over. Bash on bro and sorry again for being an a$$.

Got some new RPM mudguards today, got them painted up Red now waiting for them to cure and dry before installing. Not perfect but they came out nice and shiney with the 3 coats Red 2 coats clear. They're just going to get scratched to hell anyways but least first few runs they will look nice and
IMG_20201005_195810936.jpg
cool?
IMG_20201005_192935319.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back