Kraton Edough's RC Kraton 6s BLX build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Kraton will be down for a while?.... New chassis coming hopefully sooner than later if I can get ahold of one for a decent price.
IMG_20201010_203830130.jpg

Big shout out to @Hammer Down for the chassis at cost of shipping!!! Also to @Lovestricken for the same cost of shipping but haven't received his box of mystery yet...... Anyways as you should know by now I'm not patient so got chassis straightened out and about done with the swap already. Just have to wait to put front end back on until new front suspension mount comes in, hopefully early next week... Anyways again huge shout out to you guys for being so awesome and helping a fellow basher out! Here is the progress, motor mount and motor going in next
"New" chassis via @Hammer Down
IMG_20201017_172639659.jpg

K6s with broken chassis
IMG_20201017_185310991.jpg

Old chassis with front/rear end removed
IMG_20201017_191543651.jpg

"New" chassis with battery tray, receiver box, ESC and servo installed
IMG_20201017_195338261.jpg

IMG_20201017_191528175.jpg

Alright all I can do for now until new aluminum front mount comes in. All installed on chassis besides front end pretty much. So glad it was not near as hard as I thought it would be!!!
IMG_20201017_203947576.jpg

If you’ve never done a chassis swap it can seem a bit daunting, but once you have one under your belt, you realize they aren’t that complicated. Plus it gives you a real understanding of how everything goes together and makes future repairs that much easier. ?

If you’ve never done a chassis swap it can seem a bit daunting, but once you have one under your belt, you realize they aren’t that complicated. Plus it gives you a real understanding of how everything goes together and makes future repairs that much easier. ?
Terrified when I did my first... then it was easy.. I remember looking at all those screw holes in the bottom. Then having a few that aren’t used made it worse ?? Do it once and you’ll remember forever. Easy ??

Ya I was more worried about the front and rear, figured I'd have to tear it down(remove a arms, gearbox etc) to do swap soo glad I was able to just lift front and rear right off and put on new chassis! Have done smaller stuff 1/14, 1/12, 1/10 scale but also way different chassis than K6s. Relieved just now hate having to wait on parts.... Come on new suspension mount hurry from Jersey!!!

Got my new front aluminum suspension mount(GPM) in today so after work got her all patched back together.
IMG_20201022_175357133.jpg
IMG_20201022_211102065.jpg
IMG_20201022_211119064.jpg
IMG_20201022_225803552.jpg

@Hammer Down @Lovestricken thank you guys again for helping me get my K6s going again!!!!

Ok guys here's part one of last weekend's Father & Son Fun ARRMA bashin day, had a blast and man was Xavier stoked to get to bash the Granite!! Part 2 coming soon..

Part of my Birthday gift from my awesome Mom, some HR shielded wheel nuts for the K6s, also ordered me the HR ez mount and diff cover but on backorder. And some new shoes for the Granite, a 57t steel spur and 3 57t composite spurs?? thanks Mom!!!
IMG_20201030_152440531.jpg

IMG_20201030_141502264.jpg

Finally just had Horizon send me the diff kits instead of continuing to wait on the filled assembled diffs. So putting them together and shimming them up probably pull the Kraton apart and put the new diffs and inputs in tomorrow for a bash?weather permitting...
IMG_20201112_185724030.jpg

Front diff all done and in nice and snug, took two shims behind pinion and two on ring gear side but she's all nice smooth and tight? Rear splayed apart in the process now for new diff as well.
IMG_20201113_165716750.jpg

Hopefully the rain will stop tonight and be able to get some bashing in tomorrow....

Finally all done, spent more hrs than I'd like to admit lol but I would rather be over thorough and make sure everything was as tight and smooth as possible. Also changed out the broken wing mount screws while I was at it so it's sturdy again. Feel accomplished though as Xavier's now brushless WLtoys 144001 is now all done also. Bound his new remote from @Lovestricken, he says thank you very much Chris!! Also got the new foams put on and made some body posts so the body will fit with the brushless setup again. Overall got a bunch of much needed wrenching done now just hope tomorrow we can get to run the rigs, please no rain?

Sweeeeeet, rain cleared out and got blue sky's today. Be running the new diffs and pinions that should hold up a lot better after some great shimming advice from @Lovestricken and some others on the forum. Also get to see what my boys little beast brushless WLtoys 144001 will pull for it's first speed runs brushless with the 4000kv setup and new foams. Going to be a good day!!!

Just was not our day today damn it! Kraton again kept hitting amp cutoff even with more room and easing into full throttle. Thinking maybe the fans I'm running might be part of the issue? Have to pull the fans next time and see if it does better. Remote was having interference issues or my antenna is damaged possibly. About only good thing was we got a good baseline run on Xavier's brushless WLtoys 144001 of 47.7 on 2s, definitely happy with that just wish we got a 3s pass in think we would have pushed past 60. Kraton ran nice with new diffs and pinions though so another positive for the day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back