Limitless Edough's RC Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to describe but I'll try, so the motor will cut out in a sense and not keep climbing in rpms and stay in sync with the ESC. If you watch my previous 8s passes you'll hear the motor climbing in rpms then right at or just after full throttle it almost sounds like it bogs or cuts out and doesn't keep that high pitch sound as it is not staying in sync with what the ESC is telling it to do. @rotauq may be able to describe it better as he's who told me that's what the issue is. Here is a good example of it happening if you listen you can clearly hear when it happens.
It's supposed to be mostly a 6 pole big motor issue where at high rpm's the esc and motor lose their synchronization. Like an engine running into a rev limiter, both motor and esc are capable of more but can't keep up with each other and lose efficiency

Ok so after diving deeper into my build and going back in my passes etc. noticed the Scorched shafts were added and then started having the "de-sync" issue. So hoping all along my issue has in fact been running the stock length titanium Scorched center driveshafts as also have noticed some issues and damage after recent passes from the driveshafts. Disappointed as last 3 months of headache and frustration could have possibly been taken care of if I'd have just looked deeper and changed out my driveshafts possibly. Not saying for sure this is the main issue but at this point it's about all that hasn't been changed or replaced as have had damage due to the shafts bad vibration and movement recently so 90% sure this is in fact the issue. Ordered a custom CF and steel Pinocchio spool to replace the Scorched shafts and really thinking this should have huge improvement in my system running smoother and getting some new PB's soon and more importantly stopping the damn "de-syncing"!!View attachment 165900
Let us know how that cf shaft holds up, looking to get one myself.

Let us know how that cf shaft holds up, looking to get one myself.
Well the new spool did great today. Ran a 6s pass with it in the Limitless and ran 122mph which is a 2mph gain over previous pass with the Scorched shafts on exact same gearing and setup. Car ran great and no blown rear input bearing like with the Scorched shafts or any other issues. Hopefully next pass running 8s should see a new PB of 139+mph and not have any de-sync issue 🤞
GOPR0271_1630433501427.JPG
GOPR0269_1630433501427.JPG

Well the new spool did great today. Ran a 6s pass with it in the Limitless and ran 122mph which is a 2mph gain over previous pass with the Scorched shafts on exact same gearing and setup. Car ran great and no blown rear input bearing like with the Scorched shafts or any other issues. Hopefully next pass running 8s should see a new PB of 139+mph and not have any de-sync issue 🤞View attachment 166705View attachment 166706
Thanks for the update. Ordered mine today. Keep up the great runs.

Well the new spool did great today. Ran a 6s pass with it in the Limitless and ran 122mph which is a 2mph gain over previous pass with the Scorched shafts on exact same gearing and setup. Car ran great and no blown rear input bearing like with the Scorched shafts or any other issues. Hopefully next pass running 8s should see a new PB of 139+mph and not have any de-sync issue 🤞View attachment 166705View attachment 166706
I do need you to get that 140+ PB on 8S. It would really motivate me to get back on my feet and beat it ;)

I do need you to get that 140+ PB on 8S. It would really motivate me to get back on my feet and beat it ;)
Oh that will hopefully be in the next day or so 🤞🙏 if it's nice enough tomorrow I'll be for sure making an 8s pass😉 been a long almost 4 months without any gain on 8s so believe me I want it so bad I can taste it!!
Here's a short of the pass really good smooth pass today except at the very end couldn't see car with the dust 😰 https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTQKJdJBlbi/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ok next dumb question. How was the spool and scorch drive shafts causing issues and the burned up bearing.

I have a set of the scorched TI drive shafts with the and pinocchio spool. Is this something I'm going to need to worry about.

Ok next dumb question. How was the spool and scorch drive shafts causing issues and the burned up bearing.

I have a set of the scorched TI drive shafts with the and pinocchio spool. Is this something I'm going to need to worry about.
It's not allowing the motor to spin freely and smoothly due to the hard vibration from the thick shafts. Also due to them not spinning smoothly and such hard vibration it causes stress on the input cup which caused the bearing to be damaged. If you have the Pinocchio spool set your fine this is the stock length 8mm shafts NOT the shorter titanium shafts for the Pinocchio spool. The problem is the rear shaft is so long and bulky.
Today's pass with the new spool👍 happy with it so far and even gained 2 mph over the Scorched shafts.

Oh man it's been too damn long since I've been able to post a new 8s PB but finally got it! Also finally pushed into the 140mph club with a new PB of 144mph!! The new spool made a huge difference and no more desyncing issue thank god🙏🏼 now only 6mph away from my goal I set of 150mph for this year with my Limitless running open wheel. Can not describe how happy and relieved I am to have finally figured out and stopped the issue that's driven me to almost want to quit and eaten at me for 4 months! Log looks good a little more sag than I'd like but also only running 5000mAh packs. Only pulled 355 amps so still think I've got plenty of room to gear up and should be able to hit my 150mph goal with another good clean pass🤞🏼 https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTiESxOB59e/?utm_medium=copy_link
Screenshot_20210907-112149_GNSS PA.jpg
20210907_114931.jpg

Ok so after diving deeper into my build and going back in my passes etc. noticed the Scorched shafts were added and then started having the "de-sync" issue. So hoping all along my issue has in fact been running the stock length titanium Scorched center driveshafts as also have noticed some issues and damage after recent passes from the driveshafts. Disappointed as last 3 months of headache and frustration could have possibly been taken care of if I'd have just looked deeper and changed out my driveshafts possibly. Not saying for sure this is the main issue but at this point it's about all that hasn't been changed or replaced as have had damage due to the shafts bad vibration and movement recently so 90% sure this is in fact the issue. Ordered a custom CF and steel Pinocchio spool to replace the Scorched shafts and really thinking this should have huge improvement in my system running smoother and getting some new PB's soon and more importantly stopping the damn "de-syncing"!!View attachment 165900
Where did you buy this spool?

From RC on a budget/Kenny Soto he sells via his Facebook here's his info👍🏼 https://www.facebook.com/kenny.soto.9 Let him know I sent ya if you decide to order from him, Ian/Edough's RC. He also has options for full ceramic bearings or ceramic hybrid also but price increases.
awesome thanks! when I do order I will for sure let him know you sent me

Ok so got the battery trays cut to fit the new G+ 6000mAh packs. Not super pretty but it works which is all I care about. Ended up cutting the outside of the trays off and cutting the very edge that screws into the side skirt off and attaching it back to the side skirt. It keeps the battery from sliding out as it sits up against the screws that attach the side skirt to the battery tray. As I said not pretty but it works and I'm able to fit the new packs courtesy of CNHL 😍😁 Now to wait for this little storm front to clear out so I can get out and make some passes and do some comparisons. Want to see how much difference there is between the normal cell G+ 70c 5000mAh and the flat larger cell G+ 70c 6000mAh packs. Also curious to compare the 90c 9500mAh packs to the G+ 70c 6000mAh. Also will be comparing single pack to parallel packs for 4s and 6s with both packs mentioned above. Curious to see also how 19000mAh of 4s and 6s packs do also for voltage sag and Amps with running the 90c 9500 packs in parallel. Definitely can't wait to get to it and can't say enough how thankful I am for CNHL to sponsor me and allow me to be able to do this🙏🏼
20210927_012145.jpg
20210927_012228.jpg
20210927_010651.jpg
20210927_011011.jpg
20210927_011025.jpg

Ran today with same gearing but ran my G+ 6000mAh packs. Had to use a EC5 series connector and an adapter to QS8 which I know made an impact on the potential output. Anyways ran two 142mph passes and amps were still really low so will be gearing up and running the 5000 packs again for a new PB hopefully next pass.
Screenshot_20211004-110142_GNSS PA.jpg
Screenshot_20211004-111240_GNSS PA.jpg
20211004_122142_remastered.jpg
20211004_114644.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back