Limitless Edough's RC Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scorched driveshafts shipped today😍 can't wait to get them installed. Think today might be the last day I run the Hoons as I should be pushing close to 130mph today🤞just not sure if I run the GRP's for a little bit or go to the BSR's and gear back down to get used to the foam tires.....

Scorched driveshafts shipped today😍 can't wait to get them installed. Think today might be the last day I run the Hoons as I should be pushing close to 130mph today🤞just not sure if I run the GRP's for a little bit or go to the BSR's and gear back down to get used to the foam tires.....
That's awesome, you must have clicked purchase just before I did LOL, my result was less impressive LOLOLOL but as mentioned
I moved on the Pinocchio setup and that shipping out yesterday :)

That's awesome, you must have clicked purchase just before I did LOL, my result was less impressive LOLOLOL but as mentioned
I moved on the Pinocchio setup and that shipping out yesterday :)
Ya I got the text made purchase then posted here and by then they were already sold out🤯 well sweet you should get yours first so make sure to post how they run👍

Well not sure what's up.... Made 3 passes and all at 123mph, went up a tooth from last runs that I pulled 123 also running the perfect pass so should have at least went up 1-3mph. Also odd first and last pass with the voltage difference were still the same speed? Have to pull data logs and see what's going on hopefully be able to tomorrow. Only thought is I adjusted the BEC from 6.0 to 7.5 so maybe that caused the issue and lack of gain, but again would have thought pass 1 and pass 3 would have varied in speed?
Screenshot_20210415-113332.png

Well not sure what's up.... Made 3 passes and all at 123mph, went up a tooth from last runs that I pulled 123 also running the perfect pass so should have at least went up 1-3mph. Also odd first and last pass with the voltage difference were still the same speed? Have to pull data logs and see what's going on hopefully be able to tomorrow. Only thought is I adjusted the BEC from 6.0 to 7.5 so maybe that caused the issue and lack of gain, but again would have thought pass 1 and pass 3 would have varied in speed? View attachment 139956
If your amp draw in the logs goes up compared to a tooth less and your top speed remains the same, you potentially have reached your max gear ratio for how your setup current setup. It would require other tweaks than gears to increase the topspeed.

If your amp draw in the logs goes up compared to a tooth less and your top speed remains the same, you potentially have reached your max gear ratio for how your setup current setup. It would require other tweaks than gears to increase the topspeed.
Ya like I said I'll have to wait tell I can pull logs hopefully will be tomorrow.

Awesome thanks for the heads up! I'll for sure be running my fans on a heat sink unless they won't fit under the hood. But I do like that way I can have the skirts on both sides instead of only the opposite side👍
EARL MOREHEAD RUNS BIG COKE CAN MOTORS, AND GAME CHANGER FANS ALL AROUND TRY THOSE PUPPIES OUT. SOUNDS LIKE A JET . DAVE/DADDYO

EARL MOREHEAD RUNS BIG COKE CAN MOTORS, AND GAME CHANGER FANS ALL AROUND TRY THOSE PUPPIES OUT. SOUNDS LIKE A JET . DAVE/DADDYO
You buying? And the bigger the motor the less kv which then needs higher voltage etc. Thanks for your suggestion but not what I'm looking for👍

I would like to see the logs too. You are using the GP5 differentials that for sure will give you more wheel RPMs but at the same time will require more power output from the motor. What's your actual gearing?

I would like to see the logs too. You are using the GP5 differentials that for sure will give you more wheel RPMs but at the same time will require more power output from the motor. What's your actual gearing?
Yes I run GP5 diffs, last two times I've ran 30/34 and then 31/34 for 123 top on 6s with both gearing. Also this log I was running the perfect pass set pretty low delay. Here's the log of second pass on 31/34 again for 123 on 6s with perfect pass 👍 also highest ripple I've seen yet at 2.63
IMG_20210416_105351_251.jpg

I'm not an expert and will like other experience members to share their knowledge here but my impression is that with "your setup" you could get a couple of mph more if you had a little more road. Your rpm were increasing (not by much but still increasing) when you stopped accelerating and the Amps draw was not huge for getting those rpm. Reducing your ripple voltage will help a lot and less voltage sagging would hel too. Which lipo did you used?

Last edited:
I'm not an expert and will like other experience members to share their knowledge here but my impression is that with "your setup" you could get a couple of mph more if you had a little more road. Your rpm were increasing (not by much but still increasing) when you stopped accelerating and the Amps draw was not huge for getting those rpm. Reducing your ripple voltage will help a lot and less voltage sagging would hel too. Which lipo did you used?
Not sure if you looked at the GNSS reading but I took up like 4300ft from start to finish and back to me lol so it's not needing more road lol. I run CNHL 90c racing series pack.

Not sure if you looked at the GNSS reading but I took up like 4300ft from start to finish and back to me lol so it's not needing more road lol. I run CNHL 90c racing series pack.
That's 2150f total speedrun travel which is equal to 1075ft at each side of you, not short really. Your ripple voltage is too high. Your battery voltage sagging is not the best but very important, your highest battery voltage is not good, a fresh fully charged 6s battery should be around 25.2V and your Max battery voltage is just at 23.8V. Maybe thats the reason of not getting more speed.:unsure:

That's 2150f total speedrun travel which is equal to 1075ft at each side of you, not short really. Your ripple voltage is too high. Your battery voltage sagging is not the best but very important, your highest battery voltage is not good, a fresh fully charged 6s battery should be around 25.2V and your Max battery voltage is just at 23.8V. Maybe thats the reason of not getting more speed.:unsure:
😂 Thanks for the help but if you can't even read posts and follow don't try to help please. That's was second pass on the pack that's why voltage was at 23.8v which I said in previous posts. Again don't bother if you can't stay with the conversation and give some kind of useful advice that I don't already know🤦

😂 Thanks for the help but if you can't even read posts and follow don't try to help please. That's was second pass on the pack that's why voltage was at 23.8v which I said in previous posts. Again don't bother if you can't stay with the conversation and give some kind of useful advice that I don't already know🤦
Sorry but I was trying to help and I did it based on le log you attached. You'll need to post the first log to compare (and I know you don't have computer and need access to your mom's computer in order to see the logs). Putting all the info in just one post when you want some interpretation would help other members to help you, it's not practical to read the whole thread for giving you an answer. Again, sorry 😞

Sorry but I was trying to help and I did it based on le log you attached. You'll need to post the first log to compare (and I know you don't have computer and need access to your mom's computer in order to see the logs). Putting all the info in just one post when you want some interpretation would help other members to help you, it's not practical to read the whole thread for giving you an answer. Again, sorry 😞
No worries just like I said already have all the info I need, first pass is not a whole lot different so not a lot to differentiate between the two. I have to make some passes with gearing up a few teeth to see if I pull any gain or if I'm dead with 6s is all at this point. Unfortunately I'm thinking I'm just tapped out on 6s with the motor and will have to go to 8s. Just sucks as I wanted to beat my overall PB of 125 on 8s but on 6s and also really wanted to pull 130 on 6s before going to 8s but things don't always work out to plan. Should be able to run tomorrow and see if I'm dead with 6s as I'm thinking even if I gain a couple I'm not going to get any more than that so be running 8s soon and for sure be 130's in the next week or so👍

Ok today's the day! Really thinking today will be the last 6s passes I make with this motor on my setup. Geared up to 1/1 at 34/34 so will see if I get any gain or if she's just tapped out on 6s. Really hoping to beat my 8s PB with the Typhon GT of 125 and ultimate goal is to hit 130mph on 6s. Last passes were stagnant at 123 on 31/34 but also had a good amount of changes made so today will definitely show what I'm doing next. Delay is set a lot lower today on the perfect pass also switched bec back down to 6v so again will see if that helps compared to last passes. Wish me luck fellas, packs and go pro charging be headed out in about an HR🤞

Nope didn't happen damn it!! Dropped to 122mph so tapped out for 6s with the current setup 😢 Now to gear back down and start 8s passes. Should be a new PB first passes out though 👍
Screenshot_20210418-110535.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back