Notorious Edough's RC Now Notorious build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Ok so this build has been through quite a few transformations 😂 it started as a v4 Outcast that @Rcproponent turned into a truggified Typhon that I purchased from him. Had CRCU chassis braces M2C skid plates Tbone front and rear bumpers and Jx ecoboost servo, Mojave arms and turnbuckles. Shown below after I switched out the MX 28's to copperheads
IMG_20210128_170233246~3.jpg

Then changed the body to a 51' ford panel truck as an "Outcast" with Kraton arms, axels, hubs and driveshafts and backflip LP's added. The body went to sh!t so was lucky to find a Notorious body from @Camaroboy383 so it began it's life as the "now Notorious".
IMG_20210424_152114518.jpg
Ordered the correct side guards and now will have m2c chassis and RPM A arms coming today will get pic when it's done👍

Ok M2C chassis came in today and RPM A arms thanks again @Rcproponent!
IMG_20210503_132552540.jpg
Got the front half done so far. Next I'll do the motor, esc, servo and battery tray as I need to replace ring gear on rear diff. Then get rear put on and side guards and be ready to send💪
IMG_20210503_141725292.jpg
IMG_20210503_141751725.jpg

Well she's all done and beefed up ready for some sends💪 new M2C chassis, RPM arms all around, also installed mushroom head droop screws, @Lovestricken custom wing mount, also forgot a few parts earlier so add them in now HR pillow ball retainers, M2C standoffs, HR servo mount.
IMG_20210503_151722287.jpg
IMG_20210503_165939041.jpg
IMG_20210503_170434459.jpg
IMG_20210503_170513244.jpg
IMG_20210503_171909997.jpg

Last edited:
Should have given her a clean-up with a moist rag while rebuilding🤷‍♂️ Anyway, loving the RCP stickers! Also, is the wing mount 3d printed?
I wiped most of it down just not the wing and body lol. Ya wing mounts are 3D prints from @Lovestricken and ya I dig the Rcproponent decals too was just going to out one on the rig and one on my brand board but they are small so slapped them both on the rig👍

I wiped most of it down just not the wing and body lol. Ya wing mounts are 3D prints from @Lovestricken and ya I dig the Rcproponent decals too was just going to out one on the rig and one on my brand board but they are small so slapped them both on the rig👍
New revision

16201095422458867882857889577971.jpg

Latest addition to the build Hobbywing max6 ESC. Got it mounted to the stock plate by drilling some holes in the mount to allow screws to hold the max6. Put the used 1250kv motor in with 23t pinion and was cooking after 5mins. Think I got sold a junk used motor as it's ran way too hot on 20,23,25t pinions on 6s, also magnets have almost no resistance which is odd for a 8s motor. So it's going in the trash and now get to put out $100+ for something that will run right, pretty pissed I wasted $75 for nothing 😡 run the Spektrum 2050kv for now until I can afford a new motor.
IMG_20210510_140235586.jpg
IMG_20210510_140249245.jpg
IMG_20210510_162525676.jpg

Latest addition to the build Hobbywing max6 ESC. Got it mounted to the stock plate by drilling some holes in the mount to allow screws to hold the max6. Put the used 1250kv motor in with 23t pinion and was cooking after 5mins. Think I got sold a junk used motor as it's ran way too hot on 20,23,25t pinions on 6s, also magnets have almost no resistance which is odd for a 8s motor. So it's going in the trash and now get to put out $100+ for something that will run right, pretty pissed I wasted $75 for nothing 😡 run the Spektrum 2050kv for now until I can afford a new motor.View attachment 144986View attachment 144987View attachment 144988
That sh*t is not cool. But the one I got from you is awesome thank you again brother. That noto will be more of a basher dream soon as a new power plant finds its way in there. Soon it will I know it! Keep your head up just a little bump in the road. Hmm well we like bumps to do jumps! Lol 😆

That sh*t is not cool. But the one I got from you is awesome thank you again brother. That noto will be more of a basher dream soon as a new power plant finds its way in there. Soon it will I know it! Keep your head up just a little bump in the road. Hmm well we like bumps to do jumps! Lol 😆
Ya like I said not happy to say the least. I've ran it a whole 3 times 5 mins each time once on 20t, then swapped to 25t as someone suggested it might be over revving is why it was so hot, nope same thing so tried 23t today and got 5 mins before I said screw it as again couldn't hardly touch it was so hot😡

Ya like I said not happy to say the least. I've ran it a whole 3 times 5 mins each time once on 20t, then swapped to 25t as someone suggested it might be over revving is why it was so hot, nope same thing so tried 23t today and got 5 mins before I said screw it as again couldn't hardly touch it was so hot😡
Bs for sure bro!

Hey I have @Lovestricken 3d printed wing mount too. Still gotta try it out when I break my rpm one. Also some fan gaurds and a sick custom vtx mount for my fpv setup. He's sending me my wheel balancer soon so no more wobly wheels and looking like Forest Gump with his "magic shoes"
If it's the first version make sure not to tighten it down too far as the screws pull right through. I know he said he was fixing it so hopefully the new version does better. Other than that it held up good. Ya I got some fan covers too and the wheel balancer but not sure how to use the balancer😂

If it's the first version make sure not to tighten it down too far as the screws pull right through. I know he said he was fixing it so hopefully the new version does better. Other than that it held up good. Ya I got some fan covers too and the wheel balancer but not sure how to use the balancer😂
It has been fixed. He has version 1. I narrowed the screw hole,added 5mm more depth and it's got a different infill pattern in that area to not flex as much, also a couple petg inserts to aid in assembly. Version 2s are fresh off the printer. Anyone who got a version 1 will be receiving a version 2 👍
Latest addition to the build Hobbywing max6 ESC. Got it mounted to the stock plate by drilling some holes in the mount to allow screws to hold the max6. Put the used 1250kv motor in with 23t pinion and was cooking after 5mins. Think I got sold a junk used motor as it's ran way too hot on 20,23,25t pinions on 6s, also magnets have almost no resistance which is odd for a 8s motor. So it's going in the trash and now get to put out $100+ for something that will run right, pretty pissed I wasted $75 for nothing 😡 run the Spektrum 2050kv for now until I can afford a new motor.View attachment 144986View attachment 144987View attachment 144988
Check for end play. Might just need a couple cheap bearings to bring it back to life

It has been fixed. He has version 1. I narrowed the screw hole,added 5mm more depth and it's got a different infill pattern in that area to not flex as much, also a couple petg inserts to aid in assembly. Version 2s are fresh off the printer. Anyone who got a version 1 will be receiving a version 2 👍

Check for end play. Might just need a couple cheap bearings to bring it back to life
Awesome glad you got a fix worked out👊 I'm going to open it up tomorrow and look at everything. Seller is a stand up guy and just refunded me for it so that's a huge relief and definitely makes me a whole lot less pissed.

Maybe I'll keep v1 until I get my talion then and use v2 on the noto or something. When I get a tallion (fingers eyes and toes crossed arrma will release a 1/5 scale talion roller) I will be making my kraton into a full blown speed runner and a strong wing mount will not be needed as it won't be landing on it's ass from 40 feet. The talion and my noto will be my full senders and the kraton a speed queen. Noto will be for stunts and crazy air and talion for long jumps and quarry runs etc. I know it's a long shot for arrma to make a talion 1/5 scale but one can dream. I will own a talion just hoping it will be 1/5 and not 1/8 scale.

Ok so got the BLX 2050kv put back in the Notorious until refund goes through and I can order a new motor. Had to lengthen the motor wires to reach and solder on the 6.5mm bullets as well. Think it came out good, used old ESC motor wires from a toasted blx185 that had the 4mm connection so just had to solder the 6.5mm bullets on and plug in to motor. Thinking of picking up the Hobbystar 4585 1580kv, any suggestions are welcome for a different motor about the same size and kv.
IMG_20210511_085239698.jpg
IMG_20210511_083431502.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back