Educate me on BECs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm tired of buying expensive 5v fans that are hard to find in the weird sizes Arrma and other use for their ESCs and heatsinks.
12v fans however can be found much more easily, and cost less to boot.

Can I use a BEC to make 12v from the BLX185's paltry 6V output? What kind do I need to do that? I'm very confused by specs, so if you can link to a suitable model it'll help.
Thx!

Hi

Couldn't you just make a adapter plate to mount to the heat sink of the ESC and then mount any fan you want to the adapter plate?

I'm tired of buying expensive 5v fans that are hard to find in the weird sizes Arrma and other use for their ESCs and heatsinks.
12v fans however can be found much more easily, and cost less to boot.

Can I use a BEC to make 12v from the BLX185's paltry 6V output? What kind do I need to do that? I'm very confused by specs, so if you can link to a suitable model it'll help.
Thx!

There are a few BEC's that will put out 12v. CC has a couple. You would have to power the fans directly at 12v though. I don't think the receiver or the steering servo would tolerate that voltage. So you would not connect the BEC output to the receiver just to the fans. They would start running as soon as you connect the battery unless you installed a switch. In order to select the correct BEC it just needs an input rating of 25v (for 6s) and an output voltage that is adjustable to 12v or higher and an amperage rating that is higher than the total load that is being connected (I would recommend at least a 25%cushion).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back