Outcast Edward's NEW 1/5 Outcast Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castle Monster X -8S on 8S, Hobbywing Max5 (200A) on *S, or MGM TMM40063-3 (400A)
on 12S to 15S
IMG_8519.jpeg

I’m unsure how much more power you need than 8S but I would love to see something bigger. Wondering how the driveshafts and diffs would hold up with even more weight. I wouldn’t burn my money like that but to each his own. ??

I’m unsure how much more power you need than 8S but I would love to see something bigger. Wondering how the driveshafts and diffs would hold up with even more weight. I wouldn’t burn my money like that but to each his own. ??
With friends, we try-out our ideas, design and machine Race Components to increase performance and capability. Some projects can take a year of figuring-out, testing, and re-configuring. The Exercise is recreational and stimulating.

I have never seen anything like this!!???you guys have done an absolutely amazing job with this build! You guys are on a whole nother level! Can't wait to see a running vid???

What tyres are those? They look mean! Nevermind, found them
Is the MGM waterproof?
I appreciate this is a late as hell response, neither the 400A nor the 800A ESC from MGM are "waterproof" I recently bought the 400A one myself and it's specifically stated they're water resistant.
This is a quote from MGM themselves:
What is the difference between WR and WP protection?
Our low voltage (up to 35V) speed controllers can be made in the waterproof version. We do controllers in WP version, which means that we apply a special coating on PCBs so it protects controllers against some light water splashes. We make these speed controllers also in WR version, which is the biggest protection we offer. It means that the controller is completely sealed. However, in most of the cases, it is impossible to repair the ESC itself. This can't be done with higher voltage controllers (TMM 25063-3 X2-SERIES and TMM 40063-3 X2-SERIES). With these bigger controllers, WR means there are more layers of special coating.

Last edited:
What tyres are those? They look mean! Nevermind, found them

I appreciate this is a late as hell response, neither the 400A nor the 800A ESC from MGM are "waterproof" I recently bought the 400A one myself and it's specifically stated they're water resistant.
This is a quote from MGM themselves:
What is the difference between WR and WP protection?
Our low voltage (up to 35V) speed controllers can be made in the waterproof version. We do controllers in WP version, which means that we apply a special coating on PCBs so it protects controllers against some light water splashes. We make these speed controllers also in WR version, which is the biggest protection we offer. It means that the controller is completely sealed. However, in most of the cases, it is impossible to repair the ESC itself. This can't be done with higher voltage controllers (TMM 25063-3 X2-SERIES and TMM 40063-3 X2-SERIES). With these bigger controllers, WR means there are more layers of special coating.
For only 40 euros, MGM offers the WR (Full Protection against Water) Configuration. PLUS with a 5 year "LIMITED" Warranty for ALL Pro Version. Please refer to the screenshot I took today, as REFERENCE. Appreciate the added info/details from MGM. It explains (the often unseen in small letters) important details when claiming FREE Repair ir Replacement under the "Limited" Warranty Coverage. It totally unacceptable, there is the MAX5, XLX2, and other ESCs in the Market.

Thank you for your Sincere Interest in my 1/5 Outcast Project!

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 1.19.39 PM.png

Last edited:
I know what options are available, as previously stated I bought an MGM ESC as well, specifically with the WR (which is the highest water resistant level available for my model)

I'm being pedantic about the fact it's not water proof, it's water resistant as it's not potted, instead it's effectively coated in a thicker layer of (I assume) conformal coating.

Personally I stay away from water because I'm absolutely sick to death of replacing every bearing on my car, but even so I forked out for the WR model because these products are an investment.
And to be honest I don't trust any other ESC these days, got my fingers burned by Castle who were my previous favourite.

I know what options are available, as previously stated I bought an MGM ESC as well, specifically with the WR (which is the highest water resistant level available for my model)

I'm being pedantic about the fact it's not water proof, it's water resistant as it's not potted, instead it's effectively coated in a thicker layer of (I assume) conformal coating.

Personally I stay away from water because I'm absolutely sick to death of replacing every bearing on my car, but even so I forked out for the WR model because these products are an investment.
And to be honest I don't trust any other ESC these days, got my fingers burned by Castle who were my previous favourite.
The 250063-3, 40063-3, and 80063-3 with Lehner Motors WERE FIRST made popular, (and are NOW the BEST/Premium Choice) by SAW Powerboat Racers/Team Drivers Worldwide. In Europe and the US, these guys continue to break speed records beyond 100 to over 200mph. Likewise, Waterproofing is a MUST for PowerBoats, as they do push hard and the hard water can break a CF/CK Hull, when attempting beyond 100mph Runs and on some attempt do result to a HARD Crash.

Good News is that the WP or WR Protection done to MGM ESC's used by SAW Competition Drivers, is the same Standard for the ESCs We use for our Large Scale Trucks. And yeah the use of these MGM Monster Power ESC for 1/5 Off-Road Competition Truck and Buggies is the alternative to Gas Powered Machines that dominated the 5-scale scene for Decades. Is is a very recent phenomenon which MGM hopes to establish new speed records/winning drivers, to help Grow Interest in MGM for Large Scale Monster Truck or Buggy, as well. TODAY, the fastest Customised for Racing Gas Powered Engines for the 5-Scale Trucks and Buggies, are rated at impressive 15-18 hp Boost. An MGM80063-3 and LMT30100 on another of Our Projects, is at 54 horsepower.

YES we do share the genuine concern regarding waterproofing. But honestly, is not the primary concern. We Care FIRST about being able to properly mount and safely/securely mount the 80063-3 or 40063-3, or 20056-3 and the Lehner Motor combo, plus the external 10-Caps and 12S or 15S 5000mah Competition Gold 100C/200 Burst -- to ACHIEVE the same level Performance Boost enjoyed by SAW Powerboat Pilots. Uoiu will probably agree soon as you start your attempts in mounting your 40063-3, and figuring out where to mount the caps and secure 15S Lipo to Max Out the ESC capability. And if you have not yet, custom order a Lehner.

We at Team Vitavon Racing are Totally having fun building our favourite models to the Extreme. Thanks for your Interest! AWESOME! Thanks ARMMA FORUM!!!

IMG_7721.jpeg

IMG_8383.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back