Electrical gurus needed. This may be a silly question but I’m a noob and just trying to learn ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
I have a v3 3s typhon. I’ve run a few packs through it when the weather cooperates and it performs amazingly. The transmitter came with a binding plug. What is this for and do I need to do anything with it at all. thanks

I have a v3 3s typhon. I’ve run a few packs through it when the weather cooperates and it performs amazingly. The transmitter came with a binding plug. What is this for and do I need to do anything with it at all. thanks
The binding plug is used to connect the transmitter with your reciever. It is usually bound but from the factory, but when I got my granite 4x43sblx, mine hasn't been bound yet so I had to plug my bind plug into receiver port and follow the instructions in the manual. And it's always good to hang on to it.

I guess mine was factory bound since the buggy works perfectly. good to know. I’ll keep the plug then. thanks

Yes hang on to it. Some receivers have a bind button doing away with the plug but if you ever decide to upgrade your transmitter for example, you would need to bind that new radio to that receiver assuming they are compatible.

Back